ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness insurance, yellow card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

halfpint91
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Comprehensive sickness insurance, yellow card

Post by halfpint91 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Hiya,

I applied and received my permanent residency in early October. However I applied as a student from 2010-2014 and then worker 2014-2018 and the letter that came with my documents stated that I have acquired permanent residency September 2018. I wrote back to my case worker asking for an explanation and they responded back today that they couldn't count my student years since I didn't provide comprehensive sickness insurance. Which simply is not true. First I provided evidence from the Bulgarian national health institute that I have been insured back home for the years I was a student, but also I have a yellow card obtained March 2011 and I should fall under the transition period rules and not require CSI from what i understand reading through it. I have mentioned all of this in a cover letter. (I also have been working part time from 2011 onwards so paying some NHS contributions). And lastly if they didn't consider any of this proof valid why have they included some of the years? Since for them to give me PR obtained in Sep 2018 they must've considered the proof provided for years 2013-2018 valid?

I'm very confused by this situation and unsure how to proceed forward. Any advice would be appreciated.

halfpint91
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Re: Comprehensive sickness insurance, yellow card

Post by halfpint91 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:11 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... CTE....pdf

This is the document I was going by when considering if I fall under transitional requirements.