ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2 Extension BEFORE 3 Months of Starting Date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ellyria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for Tier 2 Extension BEFORE 3 Months of Starting Date

Post by ellyria » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has applied for a Tier 2 extension BEFORE the 3 months of the new starting date at the new job? I was originally under the impression that you can only apply NO MORE THAN 3 months before the new job, however I called Home Office Customer Service and they told me this rule only applies if you are applying outside the UK, and if you are applying inside the UK(as I am), you can apply whenever, no need to wait until it's 3 months before the job start date.

Based on this information, I have submitted a priority service application for Tier 2 visa, for a new job starting at March 2019. The employer gave me a COS.

However, today I received an email from Home Office saying that the application will be delayed as they need clarification from my employer. I asked my employer and it appears to have something to do with the start date, as it is more than 3 months from when I put in the application.

My employer is under the impression that my application will be declined due to this. This is making me hugely worried. I am due to apply for settlement visa very soon after this (April 2019 in fact), and I am very worried if having a declined Tier 2 decision will affect my chances of getting settlement.

So here are my questions:

1) Is it actually okay to apply for Tier 2 BEFORE 3 months of the new job start date? Have I been given the wrong information by the Home Office?

2) Can the Home Office decline my Tier 2 application simply because I applied too early?

3) If they do decline my application, will this affect my settlement/ILR application?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Bapurao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Tier 2 Extension BEFORE 3 Months of Starting Date

Post by Bapurao » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:04 pm

1) Is it actually okay to apply for Tier 2 BEFORE 3 months of the new job start date? Have I been given the wrong information by the Home Office?
yes this is ok as you are inside the UK, mine will expire in Jan 2019 and I have applied yesterday.

2) Can the Home Office decline my Tier 2 application simply because I applied too early?
I don't think so

3) If they do decline my application, will this affect my settlement/ILR application?
this will not affect on ILR because you have applied too early. so that at the time of ILR you can count all time up to 5 years which will be good.