ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport after Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sfij
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport after Citizenship Ceremony

Post by sfij » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Hello!

Hope everyone is good.

Just wondering about one thing. If this has been answered or posted somewhere else in the form, apologies in advance.

I would like to know everyone’s experiences about the length of time they receive their passports after the citizenship ceremony.

You see, I’m in a bit of whipple as I have received my ceremony invitation from this week but I’m travelling overseas each month onwards starting from November until March. Stupidly I mistakenly thought I return my BRP only after the receipt of my UK passport, which is not the case. I haven’t booked my ceremony yet as I’m going abroad in a week’s time and then another three weeks after that.

Do you think I can get my new UK passport back in 3 weeks post ceremony? What is the average time? Each and every one’s case is different I guess?

I also applied via JCAP last August.

Thanks guys in advance.

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport after Citizenship Ceremony

Post by trilobite1981 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Looking forward to see answers to your questions uestions. I’m in a similar sort of situation.

Ffmuni
Germany

Post by Ffmuni » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:04 pm

british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... 80618.html

Have you read the information on the Boards in the British Passport Application Processing times?

They will give you the best feel for how long things take, and you'll see lots of people's experiences, perhaps not everyone's but loads of people none the less.

double2double5
Newly Registered
Tokelau

Post by double2double5 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 am

sfij wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Hello!

Hope everyone is good.

Just wondering about one thing. If this has been answered or posted somewhere else in the form, apologies in advance.

I would like to know everyone’s experiences about the length of time they receive their passports after the citizenship ceremony.

You see, I’m in a bit of whipple as I have received my ceremony invitation from this week but I’m travelling overseas each month onwards starting from November until March. Stupidly I mistakenly thought I return my BRP only after the receipt of my UK passport, which is not the case. I haven’t booked my ceremony yet as I’m going abroad in a week’s time and then another three weeks after that.

Do you think I can get my new UK passport back in 3 weeks post ceremony? What is the average time? Each and every one’s case is different I guess?

I also applied via JCAP last August.

Thanks guys in advance.
If you have applied via JCAP, you should get it within 5-6 working days (i.e. in a week's time). Best thing to do is attend ceremony and 2 days after ceremony, use the Passport Application Tracking system - email them stating that you have attended the ceremony. This is to ensure your council have sent HMPO/HO the confirmation that you have attended your naturalisation ceremony (my council messed up this stage - registrar sent wrong details and then went on holiday for 2 weeks).

If your passport still gets delayed (mine was delayed by 3 weeks), you can always go for same day service, ONLY via phone, for an additional £90 or so. The website says you cannot use same day for your first passport but I called them up at 9AM on a Wednesday and explained my circumstances; I could go pick my passport up from HMPO London at 1PM the same day (!?)