ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

over 1 month since payment taken and no acknowledgement letter or email or any word from the Home Office (self employed)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joshd
Newly Registered
New Zealand

over 1 month since payment taken and no acknowledgement letter or email or any word from the Home Office (self employed)

Post by joshd » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:16 pm

I have had to renew my FLR(M) visa for a 2nd time as according to my Biometric Residence Permit (card) my current visa expires right on Christmas Eve this year!

According to my credit card history the fee was paid on 9th of October and Royal Post tracking shows my application and supporting documents was received in Durham the day before.

It has (only) been 22 working days since my application was received, however going by past experience I would of expected my supporting documents and passport + BRP card to have been returned by now, and if there was a problem a letter requesting more information, but as it is I have not heard a thing from the Home Office and did not receive a letter of acknowledgement either.

Last time I did the renewal I was in permanent employment, however this time around I am self employed so have had to send in all the required guff to prove that I have earned at least £18.6k each year for the last 2 years, plus show proof of personal income up until submitting the application, so I can only presume that this has possibly made my application fall into the "process more slowly" pile.

My wife and I have a short break and flights booked to Spain in 1 weeks time but at this rate I will not be going anywhere soon, and have no idea if I will be allowed to remain in the UK with my British born wife and our 3 children (youngest born here just last year). It is now getting beyond a joke...

Has anyone else had recent experience with submitting an extension for their FLR spouse visa while in the UK and as a self employed person?

Should I be getting worried and starting to try and contact the Home Office?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: over 1 month since payment taken and no acknowledgement letter or email or any word from the Home Office (self emplo

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm

This is defenitely not because of self employment rather its very usual in now a days. A lot applicants are only receiving just a generic automatic email instead traditional styled paper acknowledgement letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

joshd
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: over 1 month since payment taken and no acknowledgement letter or email or any word from the Home Office (self emplo

Post by joshd » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm
This is defenitely not because of self employment rather its very usual in now a days. A lot applicants are only receiving just a generic automatic email instead traditional styled paper acknowledgement letter.
Thanks for replying, however I didn't even receive an email. I live in North Yorkshire and so not far from Durham or Sheffield, maybe I should go bang on their windows with a large stick..! :evil:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 pm

joshd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm
Thanks for replying, however I didn't even receive an email. I live in North Yorkshire and so not far from Durham or Sheffield, maybe I should go bang on their windows with a large stick..! :evil:
No you can't visit them without appointment and interestingly most of their addresses are POBOX based.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.