ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa app 24 weeks no decision :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa app 24 weeks no decision :(

Post by Sukhraj11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 am

It’s been 24 weeks since we applied for spouse visa entry, husband is in India since 2015. This is the second application and we still haven’t received a decision. I contacted the uk visa, said they will escalate.
I had an ecoptic pregnancy on 26th September 2018, suffering from depression... I’m off sick from work, trying to recover... been so strong for the last 3 years. After surgery finding it so hard to keep myself together.
First application was refused under 320 he went back on his own accord, had a hearing the judge said I can go and live in India. Appealed but didn’t get the chance it was refused. Waited 6 months and applied again ...can’t believe We are still waiting ... :(
I’m falling apart... Home office still haven’t decided on the application ...
I’m a full time teacher, met all the requirements... it would be so sad if the application is refused after waiting so long ...
anyone has any idea what I can do ...

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa app 24 weeks no decision :(

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 am

I suggest you get in contact with your local MP and get them involved.

With previous refusal and a 320, this application will be scrutinised heavily and take long. MP may be able to help.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhraj11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:32 pm

I’ve contacted the MP...
my solicitor told me the home office is very likely to refuse the application because it was refused before so they don’t really check it...
I’m feeling sad because if it’s likely to be refused why take such a long time ...
My health is not good physically I’m struggling ..the last thing I need at the end of all this is a refusal...
Thank you for the reply.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pm

320 shouldn't really / automatically affect your spouse visa. Hopefully you get good news soon.

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhraj11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:05 pm

God knows ... it’s so difficult...
Families who live in my area who are illegal have been getting their right to stay due to their children ...
I feel like I’ve been the fool, trying to do everything the right the way by sending my husband back to get entry clearance ...
even the GP said why did he go back! Should have had a baby!
It hurts more because after trying to do the right thing the judge didn’t even care ...
I was told you say you are depressed but there’s no proof of antidepressants ...
I couldn’t get to that as I’m a teacher and was focused on work ... I needed to work so I could make trips to India ...
Now, I’m actually on mediciaton, counselling and haven’t been to work ... (lost hope)
Thank you Londonner ...

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Never look at others and compare their situations to yours. Everyone has their own stories and own merits and own reasons for having a visa.

It's like saying why does next door person claim benefits and I work hard yet I find it hard to get by, the next door person may have reasons to be on benefits.

We all know the immigration system isn't the most efficient and it all sometimes comes down to fortune. You can have 2 similar applications and 1 one of them will get an approval and the other will be refused - so what do you do? become sad and bitter about it or do you try your best to get the decision your should have gotten?

Fuel your energy in fighting your application for settlement, whether it goes to tribunal or not, in fact in tribunal you can fight your points better. Do not fuel your energy feeling sorry for yourself because others have got their visas, they struggled too at some point. Life is never equal nor always fair.

I hope you feel better soon and realise that there is more to life than just being down and depressed over this spouse application. You are strong, you are a teacher whose a role model to the young generation. You have survived before and am sure you will continue to survive until your partner gets the entry clearance. Just remember there are people in much worse and unfortunate situation than you.

All the best

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhraj11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks for the reminder...
It’s ok to have a moan day ?
:) thank you... I needed to hear that.
Let’s see what the outcome is will let you know ...

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Gujarkhan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:13 pm

If you wouldnt mind saying under what circumstances related to 320 was your husband rejected?

Would you mind quoting from decision lefter or give a bit of background on his immigration history.

Would be appreciated.

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhraj11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Entering the uk illegally ...

asingh42
United Kingdom

Post by asingh42 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm

I have applied for my wife's visa and for me it has already went past 24 weeks and I have never been married before, am a British Citizen, Do not have any criminal or immigration history and neither does my wife. They have already interviewed myself and the employer in August and yet they do not make a decision.

So you see in cases where there is nothing to hold back on they still going to take their time I suppose and yes its really saddening situation for you and your partner like it is for us.

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhraj11 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Dear Asingh

I’m so sorry to hear that it’s really sad ... I really wish you hear something soon and visa is granted. Can’t believe it’s taken so much time for you. Chase the MP?
A Indian man who overstayed went back to India, he married someone who worked for immigration. He came back to the uk in 3 months.
A colleagues friend married someone who also overstayed, went back to his home country and was granted a visa after 3 months. His wife was a police officer.
A lady with two girls, waited for 4 years and a half for her husband to come from India ...
HONESTLY it’s all by LUCK... hopefully our luck will shine through soon ...
Chin up ... :)
Many real stories I’ve heard and it all depends if your lucky or not ... some stories make me question how did they get the visa ( especially when some are based on lies).
People have abused the system and it’s the true ones who suffer ...
I really hope your wife gets her visa. It must be so difficult for her... good luck.
Let me know how you get on, I will keep you updated.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:12 am

@ Sukhraj11 you really need to stop comparing your situation to those that have got visa. Starting to sound like a goreh who goes on all day about how foreigners are coming here and taking all their jobs.

For your information if you work for Home Office, your application actually gets scrutinised even more.

They all got their visa because it was approved. Just because yours and @asingh42 hasnt doesnt mean you pick and accuse them of immigration fraud.

Be patient, wait and you too will get it soon. If you fail, there's tribunal.

Sukhraj11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhraj11 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 am

Goodness me, I am not comparing. Even if I was it’s only natural to feel like that sometimes. At this difficult time people naturally go through a lot emotions, being away from family is the hardest thing.

It’s all by luck, if your lucky you will get the visa approved if not then you won’t ... that’s what my point was. Sounding like a goreh? No comment on that.

What is your story Londoner?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

My story is not let your emotions go wild. Yes everyone has moaning moments but it's about being productive.

Alot of people are getting decision because of correct paperwork and some fortune too.

Your situation wasnt as straightforward so you would have known before it wasnt going to be a easy ride. I hope you get decision soon.