ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish passport for child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ert236
Mood:
Pakistan

Irish passport for child

Post by Ert236 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm

If the child is born to a eu parent who has been living in Ireland for 3+ years but wasn't engaged in the employment for all the 3 years.like off and on from work.
Will this will be problem?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish passport for child

Post by max307 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Ert236 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm
If the child is born to a eu parent who has been living in Ireland for 3+ years but wasn't engaged in the employment for all the 3 years.like off and on from work.
No, it won't be a problem.

The child is Irish citizen if one of the parents had been legally resident (EU citizen) on the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland) for 3-out-of-4 years immediately before the child's birth.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Ert236
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Irish passport for child

Post by Ert236 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm

max307 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm
Ert236 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm
No, it won't be a problem.

The child is Irish citizen if one of the parents had been legally resident (EU citizen) on the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland) for 3-out-of-4 years immediately before the child's birth.
Thank you