ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling-off period 12 months under Tier 2 general rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tushka
Newly Registered
Russia

Cooling-off period 12 months under Tier 2 general rules

Post by Tushka » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:26 am

Hello,
Could you please advise me on my situation. I had a 3 years Tier-2 intercompany visa (2015-2018) that expired in the middle of 2018. So I returned back to my home country but no longer work for the company that sponsored me (mutual termination).
After 12 months of so called "cooling off" period I'm considering to apply for Tier-2 general visa under a new employer sponsorship.
My question is can I meantime visit UK for short holidays under regular tourist visa or it may interrupt my cooling-off period.
And second question when is my cooling-off is over, July 2019?
I'll be very grateful for any replies.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Cooling-off period 12 months under Tier 2 general rules

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Tushka wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:26 am
Hello,
Could you please advise me on my situation. I had a 3 years Tier-2 intercompany visa (2015-2018) that expired in the middle of 2018. So I returned back to my home country but no longer work for the company that sponsored me (mutual termination).
After 12 months of so called "cooling off" period I'm considering to apply for Tier-2 general visa under a new employer sponsorship.
My question is can I meantime visit UK for short holidays under regular tourist visa or it may interrupt my cooling-off period. No it won't. because it limited between two tier 2 visa only
And second question when is my cooling-off is over, July 2019? 12 months from your previous visa expired.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cooling-off period 12 months under Tier 2 general rules

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:36 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:34 pm
Tushka wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:26 am
And second question when is my cooling-off is over, July 2019? 12 months from your previous visa expired.
@cyclina1 - it is 12 months from the date a migrant left the UK on tier 2 ICT not date the visa expires. HO will expect to see evidence if when the applicant left the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.