ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 general COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 general COS

Post by Ani1984 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 am

hi,
I am working here in Tier 2 ICT Long term Visa and my wife in holding a TIer2 ICT dependent visa and she is currently working with an employer. My spouse current employer is ready to give her sponsorship I just need to check what kind of certificate she requires and while COS generates does she need to be outside the UK during that time?

General1905
India

Re: Tier2 general COS

Post by General1905 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 am

She needs RCOS - Restricted COS and she does not need to be outside UK.
Visa can only be applied in your home country.

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks for the Info.

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi,
My spouse employer is now ready to give her the Tier 2 general sponsorship. I just want to know what is the procedure of getting the Restricted COS and what all document does my spouse need from her employer for Tier2 general visa processing.

fullmoenty
India

Post by fullmoenty » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:37 am

1) Your wife's employer completing the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT).

2) On successful completion of the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT), the employer requesting a Restricted CoS from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

3) Employer then issuing a CoS in your favour.

4) You applying for Entry Clearance at the designated Visa Application Centre / British Diplomatic Post outside the UK.

If you and your wife's employer are confident that the RLMT will be successful, you can check this link https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide for the documents required. If any of the documents that you think might take a significant amount of time to acquire, you can start prepping to do the same.
Ani1984 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm
Hi,
My spouse employer is now ready to give her the Tier 2 general sponsorship. I just want to know what is the procedure of getting the Restricted COS and what all document does my spouse need from her employer for Tier2 general visa processing.

Ani1984
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ani1984 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am

Hi ,

Thanks for the swift response. The employer are starting the RLMT process now.Once this is done and my spouse receives the RCOS from the employer does she need to leave the organisation to apply for the visa or she can still be employee and work for the same organisation during the visa process.

Thanks very much for all your help so far.