ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Haven't received any confirmation for FLRM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

intahnetmonster
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Haven't received any confirmation for FLRM

Post by intahnetmonster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 am

Hello,

I sent my wife's FLRM on the 4th of October, and it was received and signed for on the 8th of October, but we haven't yet received any confirmation letter. Looking at the time lines thread, it seems people generally get a confirmation within 4 weeks, so I'm getting a bit concerned why we haven't received anything yet.

Is there any way to get a status update from UKVI?

We made the application online, and sent it in by post. I have the Royal Mail tracking number for the package.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Haven't received any confirmation for FLRM

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am

Call them?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

intahnetmonster
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by intahnetmonster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 am

I thought they don't discuss applications over the phone?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm

intahnetmonster wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 am
Not everyone receive acknowledgement because royal mail tracking itself a receipt. But based on your timeline you should have received biometrics enrolment letter so far.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

intahnetmonster
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by intahnetmonster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm
intahnetmonster wrote:
Not everyone receive acknowledgement because royal mail tracking itself a receipt. But based on your timeline you should have received biometrics enrolment letter so far.
Dumb question, but the Biometric Enrolment Letter is the letter you take to the post office they charge you ~£20 to take your finger prints etc, right?

If so, when I created the application online, in the final steps it gave instructions on where to post everything and, also told me to print out the BRP letter myself, and take it to the post office which my wife has already done and had her finger prints etc taken.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:00 pm

intahnetmonster wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm
intahnetmonster wrote:
Dumb question, but the Biometric Enrolment Letter is the letter you take to the post office they charge you ~£20 to take your finger prints etc, right?

If so, when I created the application online, in the final steps it gave instructions on where to post everything and, also told me to print out the BRP letter myself, and take it to the post office which my wife has already done and had her finger prints etc taken.
Then just wait as no more acknowledgement letter
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.