ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SCHENGEN VISA -STRANGE CASE.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kavanspace

SCHENGEN VISA -STRANGE CASE.

Post by kavanspace » Mon May 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi all,

I am indian and my wife is polish. I got schen visa from polish embasy starting on 18th june.

Unfortunately we had already booked hols for greece flying on 8th jan.
for 7 days. from 8th jan to 15 jan.

Is it possible to get another schengen/tourist visa to cover my holiday period.

I know i made a mistake in the date of application form.

Please can any thing be done, as far as holiday company is concern they will not refund my grand.

Help .

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Mon May 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Do you have a family residence card as a family member of an EEA Citizen ?

ratsut
Newly Registered

Post by ratsut » Mon May 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Sounds to me like you will have to re-apply.

I would return to the embassy and try and talk to the person who you submitted your last application to and explain to them that there was a mistake and that you would like to cancel the initial visa and have a new one issued with the new dates.

That shouldn't be a problem for them as you are already 'granted' schengen access.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 pm

If your holdiay in January 2009. then you have a LONG time to sort it out.

When does your present Schengen visa expire? You should probably just apply at the end of the current visa, again with the Polish embassy, for a new 90 day visa which covers the dates of your trip to Greece.

Remember you have a right to the visa. It can only be turned on down a few very limited grounds.

kavanspace

Post by kavanspace » Mon May 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC

thanks for your reply.

my hols are booked from 8th June 2008 - to 15th June 2008 to Crete, greece.

I applied to Polish embasy but by mistake put date as 20thJune so they give me visa from 18th June which does not cover my holiday period to greece.

I have got 6 months Schenge from 18th Jan but i wanted that visa to cover my greece holiday period which is not covering.

CAN i get another 8 days visa to cover my touring. I already got appointment with Greece embasy on 30th May. Should they give me 8 day visa for greece ?

Shall i CANCEL my current visa and re apply to polish embassy with proper dates. I know i made mistake of putting 20 instead of 02 but I am sure this is not the first case.

Please help directive... i think the laws of directive you told is nice but they don't care that the prob. I willl keep a copy with me.

Thanks
Kavan

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:55 pm

You should be applying to Greek embassy really...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 20, 2008 5:48 am

Wanderer wrote:You should be applying to Greek embassy really...
Well not really. Spouses of EU nationals are recommended to apply at the embassy of their EU national spouse.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 20, 2008 5:55 am

kavanspace wrote:my hols are booked from 8th June 2008 - to 15th June 2008 to Crete, greece.

I applied to Polish embasy but by mistake put date as 20thJune so they give me visa from 18th June which does not cover my holiday period to greece.

I have got 6 months Schenge from 18th Jan but i wanted that visa to cover my greece holiday period which is not covering.

CAN i get another 8 days visa to cover my touring. I already got appointment with Greece embasy on 30th May. Should they give me 8 day visa for greece ?

Shall i CANCEL my current visa and re apply to polish embassy with proper dates. I know i made mistake of putting 20 instead of 02 but I am sure this is not the first case.
You need to be very careful when you write dates.

What you have written here makes it seem like you have a visa for your trip to Greece. 6 months visa beginning 18 Jan will go to 18 June, just after your return from Greece.

ratsut
Newly Registered

Post by ratsut » Tue May 20, 2008 9:14 am

I think you are getting your "Jan"s mixed up for "Jun"s.. you mean you are leaving in 2 and a half weeks to Greece (8th Jun) and your visa now does not start until the 18th Jun.. ?

If this is the case then you must return to the embassy pretty quickly and have the mistake you have made with the dates corrected!

I think you have two options.. first and probably easiest is to adjust you Greece holiday to start 18th Jun! But this may cost you. Second option is to return to the embassy and explain your situation to the person you made the initial application with.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 20, 2008 9:17 am

I agree. Going to the polish embassy is your best bet in clearing this up quickly. Have them reissue the visa.

kavanspace

I went today

Post by kavanspace » Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 am

Hi all , thanks for all your replies.

I went to polish embasy today and they say NO to cancle visa and issue new one, which is bit silly.

Now i got Greek embasy appointment at 30th May , hopefull they will be able to give me 7 days visa to greece(8thJune to 15June) as their dates are not clashing with my existing visa starting from 18thJune.

I know its a mitake i made :oops: but I am working hard to correct it.

Do you guys think Greek embasy will allow me 7 days visa to tour??? :cry: According to directive of EU , i think embassy should do all they can to allow me to go and i don't really think I need visa as a spouse of EU person.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 am

I would immediately contact Solvit to get their assistance with the Polish. http://eumovement.wordpress.com/help-eu-solvit/

I would suggest you force them to issue you the new visa.

Dont' rely on the greeks being fast or cooperative.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Tue May 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Assuming you are resident in the UK, and have a family member residence card sticker as a family member of an EEA national, you can proceed to Greece without a visa.

/ 20MAY08 / 1054 UTC
National INDIA (IN)
Residence UNITED KINGDOM (GREAT BRITAIN) (GB)
Destination GREECE (GR)

GREECE (GR)

Passport required.

1. If holding a:
- long term residence permit; or
- family member residence permit, issued to a family member
of an national of an EEA member state or Switzerland and
provided travelling with or to join the national of an EEA
member state or Switzerland:
visa not required.

kavanspace

thanks flyboy

Post by kavanspace » Tue May 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Flyboy,

Yes i have residence permit in my passport as eea family meber issued by UK embassy till Nov 2010. Also I have letter stating that I have right to stay in UK as a family member.

Not sure if i need any extra residence card, if yes, what is the process to get it,mate.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 pm

That's all you need - just carry your marriage certificate along with you.

kavanspace

hi flyboy

Post by kavanspace » Tue May 20, 2008 12:31 pm

thanks flyboy you sound quite confident but do you think airport & immigration authorities will allow me in to the beaches of Crete.

just scared...do you think i should go to Greek consulate on 30th may as i have appointment and ask them to issue me visa for 7 days.

or will they say to me that I don't need a visa .

As such EU directive is that less than 90 days spuse of EU dont' need it.

My mind is worried really...we both are stressed.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Kavanspace, that information i got off the IATA timatic web visa requirement tool, used by airlines to check if passengers require a visa for their destination if they are not certain on whether the passenger need one or not and to allow them to board. So i doubt with that information on their systems they will refuse you boarding.

However it's wise, just to double check with the greek embassy. Do remember that Greece has implemented the Directive 2004/38 into their national law.

kavanspace

thanks

Post by kavanspace » Tue May 20, 2008 10:51 pm

thanks flyboy, this does certainly relives me ...its just waiting till 30thmay for greece appointment is hard...thanks for your help.

I will update how it goes....may be i might update from greece :d

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: thanks

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 21, 2008 5:05 am

kavanspace wrote:I will update how it goes....may be i might update from greece :d
It should be absolutely forbidden under EU law to have to think about legal things while on holidays! :wink:

kavanspace

FED UP NOW WITH ALL THIS....

Post by kavanspace » Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm

update:

I went to Greek embassy today and they told me I cannot get extra 7 day visa as I already have another visa issued by polish embassy even though its not valid for my travel . they cna't issue me 7 days visa. they advised me to go to polish embassy and then the big queue at polish embayss i just came back its only a week...ne ways...learned something.

NEVER EVER BOOK HOLIDAYS BEFORE GETTING VISA.

I have 7 nights holidays for SALE to Rethymon, GREECE, £399 FOR 2 PEOPLE. BARGAIN. ...EMAIL ME FOR DETAILS.

mastermind

Re: thanks flyboy

Post by mastermind » Fri May 30, 2008 8:06 pm

kavanspace wrote:Yes i have residence permit in my passport as eea family meber issued by UK embassy till Nov 2010.
That's interesting as I've been told by a UK embassy (in Cyprus) that they can issue EEA Family Permits for 6 months only and if you need more you should apply in the UK for residence card.