ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DJorgio
Newly Registered

47es advice please - nearly there UK to Australia

Post by DJorgio » Mon May 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Greetings everyone, this is my first post, i am a member of another forum but need some advice on the 47es Visa form.

Here it is, my wife has been offered a job and granted a nomination to apply for a permanent visa subclass 120 (LA), myself and our daughter (3 year old) are going as her dependants, we are currently staying in temporary accommodation here in the UK with family and friends, my wife has a steadyish job in a nursing home and i am currently in between contracts with a computer agency (so i am not bringing in any money) the point is we are using our monthly income to pay for what we can in respects to the application process ie this month medicals, etc etc, next month we will have the cash to get the police records done and then lodge the Visa, now here's the thing, since my wife will be going to a nursing job as soon as she arrives we thought it would be sensible if she went first, stayed in the nursing accommodation until she at least gets her first months pay before deciding at that time if we have enough money to join her and get a rented unit or wait until the next month and so on.

So my queries are these, on the Visa form 47es

Do we state on the form that myself and our daughter will be migrating with her, or do we say no and write in the notes that we will be joining her later or will we have to all arrive together on the same flight so to speak ?

and

Question 34 "what is the value of money, goods and assets which you and your spouse intend to bring to Australia ?"

We are really going to be starting from ground zero, at least until i find work out there, im a little concerned if we put a low figure here it will go against us in some way, or not as my wife has been sponsored as a nurse ?

Grrrr, what a head ache, but we are nearly there, medicals are on Thursday (22nd), police records check will be lodged early next month under the new pilot scheme (10 days) and then we will be lodging the application to the Parramatta Business Centre.

I would really appreciate any advice on this, i know its a little per specific, anyone ?

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Mon May 19, 2008 11:43 pm

I think pretty much every country will want proof that you have enough to keep yourselves going until your first paycheck comes in mate, you really want to be going there with a £1000 minimum.
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.

DJorgio
Newly Registered

Post by DJorgio » Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 am

Im sure we will have at least 1k maybe 2k but not enough to fully establish ourselves, any ideas about the fact we might not be travelling there at the same time ?

Cheers