ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Settled Status Application for EU citizen and their Non-EU family members

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aeun-flux
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA Settled Status Application for EU citizen and their Non-EU family members

Post by aeun-flux » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Hello all,

I hope all the immigration Gurus and everyone else are keeping well ... :) :)

I have a few queries, and if someone can be kind enough to provide some understanding it will be absolutely fantastic ( and I will owe them a beverage or 2 of their choice :D :D ).

I am a non-EU citizen married to an EU citizen, I have been in this country since 2006 and my wife had been here since 2008(intermittently ..but permanently from 2009). I currently have the EU Residence Permit as I was not able to apply under ILR ( due to my wife not able to complete successive 5 years work thereby exercising treaty rights.

I work for a NHS trust in London and my wife is teacher currently in her 5th successive year and my queries are:

- can we apply for the settled status ?
- do I have to wait for my wife to get settled status first before I can apply ? as there is a Pilot scheme currently being run for NHS staff
- where can we get the application form?

Please be gentle with me, if I sounded very basic above.. :P

Waiting for your response with bated breath

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EEA Settled Status Application for EU citizen and their Non-EU family members

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:16 pm

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... er-toolkit

You will have to apply for settled/pre-settled status anyway as you currently come under EU regulations which will cease eventually. You need to follow the instructions which you have received from your employer. It's a beta test and not available publicly so far. Any feedback would be welcome here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.