ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PSC appt - Form query (Set O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hyperion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR PSC appt - Form query (Set O)

Post by Hyperion » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:43 am

Dear Members,

I called the home office today to inquire about the online vs paper based application form for our ILR appointment next week (20 Nov) and their response confused me even more. Their response was that since the appt was made after the 01 Nov (when the rules have changed) it will be upto the case worker to accept or refuse the paper based application. I am wondering if that can be the case in the light of 21 day cooling off period rule and more importantly whether that rule is applicable here due to the whole system reshuffle?

I was also told that i'd have to cancel the appt and rebook it if i am to go down the online application route - which is the other reason i really hope that the 21 day rule applies and I am able to use the paper based form.

sk17aaa

Re: ILR PSC appt - Form query (Set O)

Post by sk17aaa » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:27 am

hi

when did you book the appointment?

I booked my appoint end of September and went for a Premium appoint last Saturday @ Croydon. all ok.

thx

Hyperion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hyperion » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks. I booked last week (09 Nov). Did you use paper form when you went for your appt last week? Also, was it for PBS dependent ILR?

sk17aaa

Post by sk17aaa » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:13 pm

hi,

I'm the main applicant and I used the online form when I submitted my application.

thx

Hyperion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hyperion » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Ok, so you used the online form for the application. I have the paper form filled which I want to use as online only ruling only came on 01 Nov. More importantly, I am told that if i do go ahead with the online application then i would have to cancel the current appointment and take a new one as part of the online application. Knowing how hard it is to get an appointment I am dreading to chart this course.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 pm

If you are going for PSC appointment, stick to the paper form. You should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Hyperion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hyperion » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 pm
If you are going for PSC appointment, stick to the paper form. You should be fine
Many thanks Zimba. Yes, going to the PSC appointment. So, would it be ok if we leave the online application we started out of panic (but not submitted) as is and go with the paper based Set (O) form 07/18 version (latest I could find)?
Also, if the PSC caseworker does decide to ignore the rules and asks us to apply via the online application do we have the risk of losing the whole £2999 application fee or just the £100 booking fee as i would guess it (paper form vs online) wouldn't be grounds for refusal but only invalid application.
I apologize for multiple questions.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

PSC will accept the paper form, there is no rule that forces you to apply online
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Hyperion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hyperion » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Understood, but when I look at the updates section, i see this,

Published 21 July 2013
Last updated 1 November 2018 - hide all updates
1 November 2018
Paper application form withdrawn, you must now apply online.

Is there any guidance I can use to counter this should they reject my paper based application? One thing that comes to mind is that the system allowed me to schedule the appointment without prompting me to follow the online application path, but would it be enough?

Jen1986
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jen1986 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi,

I am on the exact same boat. I booked the appoinment on 23rd Oct and the appointment is on 28th Nov.
I called the visa helpline twice today and only got told to email to the apply online support.
applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I did it today and fingers crossed that they will come back to me with some valid answers!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:29 am

If you apply on or before 29 November 2018, you can choose to use the existing service and enrol your biometric information at the Post Office or a Premium Service Centre if you’re applying for one of these routes.
Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know

Hyperion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hyperion » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:59 am

Thank you for all your help.