ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - English language test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Spouse visa - English language test

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi All

I’m still confused about the need to supply English Language test certificate to A1 standard for my partners spouse visa application. Given she went via the fiancé visa route, the home office will know this was already validated when this visa was granted only a few months back. Will they really request the test certificate again as we never got our original docuyreturnrd and it would therefore mean redoing the test?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa - English language test

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:51 pm

It's a new application so doesnt matter what you have already submitted previously. If English is good why not do A2 or even B1 test so you do not have to do it later on.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Liverpool48 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Hi All

I’m still confused about the need to supply English Language test certificate to A1 standard for my partners spouse visa application. Given she went via the fiancé visa route, the home office will know this was already validated when this visa was granted only a few months back. Will they really request the test certificate again as we never got our original docuyreturnrd and it would therefore mean redoing the test?
Means HO had lost your English test certificate and you must have had contacted them on that point.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 pm

I realise the spouse visa application is a new application but it seems pointless to make someone redo the language test again when it forms part of the fiancé visa validation.
Does anyone have experience of whether this was required when moving from fiancé visa to spouse visa?

Agree A2 would be better but not when UKVI lose your certificate 🙄