ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subject Access Request SAR which type please?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tony501
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Subject Access Request SAR which type please?

Post by tony501 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi All,

Me (British Citizen) and my wife got married in 2010, she obtained the Spouse visa and it was issued on a pink resident permit card. It says on card "Spouse/Partner Leave to Remain". Then in year 2012, she obtained ILR on a new pink resident permit card.

We are applying for a type of ID/visa for our child (British Citizen) in my wife's home country. We are now being asked to prove that my wife was holding a Spouse visa rather than ILR at the time our child was born. Our child was born before my wife got her ILR. Also, it seems that HO has taken away my wife's Spouse visa pink card already when she got her ILR.

With the help of CR001 (Big thank you), I understand that my wife need to submit a Subject Access Request SAR with HO. However, we have no idea which type to go for. Do you think the Basic type is sufficient please? Or we would need the Specific/Detailed type? If Specific then which document would match our needs please?

Basically, our aim is to: "to prove that my wife was holding a Spouse visa rather than ILR at the time our child was born." My wife has her current ILR pink card. However, her Spouse visa pink card was taken by HO when applying for ILR (Although I do have photos records of this particular card). My child was born a few months before she got her ILR.

Finally, all I have are the pink cards, do they have HO reference on it by any chance? Or where can the HO ref be found? Decision letter?

We would be extremely grateful!!

Many thanks,
Tony