ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment history gap - children care

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mar44
Newly Registered
Poland

employment history gap - children care

Post by mar44 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am

Hi all,
What to put in point 1.50 AN form if I got 2 years gap in my employment history (2016-2017)? - I stayed at home looking after young children. Now I work again.
best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: employment history gap - children care

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 am

Employment is not mandatory for citizenship.

Simply complete the employment you have done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mar44
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by mar44 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:28 pm

yes, I already got permanent residence certificates for all my family.
Re: 19 years old daughter. she lives in UK for last 12 years. what support documents for her?
Shall I provide letters from all previous schools from the beginning? or last 5 years?

gathor
Newly Registered

Post by gathor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:13 am

People here just say "Employment is not mandatory for citizenship." as if this was the end of it. It is not and you need a proof of living in the UK for these 2 missing years. As you are Polish, your passport can't be provided as evidence, no stamps. Your only (probably) option is to provide them with tax credits/child benefits letters (the annual statements that are sent out around may each year). Good luck finding out specifics by calling the helpline though, all they say is "onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material".

Letters from school will be fine for your daughter, last 5 years if I am not mistaken (This is what I've been told in regards to my kid, 10 year old)