ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with ILR SET(M) online application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tuss
Newly Registered
Ghana

Help with ILR SET(M) online application

Post by Tuss » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am

Hello all, I’m in the processing of applying for my. Ilr spouse route and have several questions.
I entered the Uk on a spouse visa 2 November 2013. I’ve completed my 5 years on 2 November 2018.
1) can I apply for ilr now even though my BRP is to expire on 28 January 2019

2) I’ve never filled out an online application just the paper version but from 1 November everyone must apply online. There’s this question about social, cultural and family ties in my country of nationality or any other country I’ve live for more than 5 years. My question is,

a) should I include my family (kids and spouse) in the UK as well since I’ve lived here for 5 years.

b) i only have my extended family (grandma, aunt etc) living in my country of nationality. None of my parents, brothers or sister live there. Do I include my extended family’s names in the list?

Same question for the friends and social and cultural ties.
Can I also say that I’ve never been back to my country of nationality ever since coming to the Uk. So It’ll be very difficult to establish friends, social and cultural ties there.

The other question is:
could you and your partner live together outside the uk if necessary?
I don’t know how they want this question answered. Obviously I left my country to join my spouse who’s settled here permanently and now has British citizenship. We have our kids who were born here, and our intention is to live here permanently. And besides I have none of my immediate family living in my country of nationality.

Also there’s this question if I hold any national identity card. Does this include my passport or should I answer No.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Help with ILR SET(M) online application

Post by michali » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:16 am

As I understand it, you can apply now as you can apply up to 28 days before your fifth anniversary of entering the UK.

A) I do not think they expect you to include your family in the UK but there would be no harm in adding that your cultural ties etc are in now in the UK

B) I do not think they expect you to name members of your extended family in your home country, just as you have stated, grandma, aunts etc.

C) I think your proposed answer to that is good!

D) great answer too!

E) I also need the answer to that! My husband has a very old ID card from his home country from where we left in 1983 so the card is probably not even valid. I suspect that the passport will suffice as ID.

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Post by NomiKaay » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:17 am

Tuss wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am
Hello all, I’m in the processing of applying for my. Ilr spouse route and have several questions.
I entered the Uk on a spouse visa 2 November 2013. I’ve completed my 5 years on 2 November 2018.
1) can I apply for ilr now even though my BRP is to expire on 28 January 2019

28 days before your 60 month completion which for you is 02/11 so you could have applied in mid-October.

2) I’ve never filled out an online application just the paper version but from 1 November everyone must apply online. There’s this question about social, cultural and family ties in my country of nationality or any other country I’ve live for more than 5 years. My question is,

a) should I include my family (kids and spouse) in the UK as well since I’ve lived here for 5 years.

Just say some BS about how you have your whole life set up here with mortgages, kids, work etc. I did the same.

b) i only have my extended family (grandma, aunt etc) living in my country of nationality. None of my parents, brothers or sister live there. Do I include my extended family’s names in the list?

I just wrote childhood friends and extended family in my home country with whom I have limited/occasional contact.

Same question for the friends and social and cultural ties.
Can I also say that I’ve never been back to my country of nationality ever since coming to the Uk. So It’ll be very difficult to establish friends, social and cultural ties there.

The other question is:
could you and your partner live together outside the uk if necessary? I simply wrote No. (A lot of us have paid in excess of £10k over the years to establish life here in UK, what a redundant question.)
I don’t know how they want this question answered. Obviously I left my country to join my spouse who’s settled here permanently and now has British citizenship. We have our kids who were born here, and our intention is to live here permanently. And besides I have none of my immediate family living in my country of nationality.

Also there’s this question if I hold any national identity card. Does this include my passport or should I answer No.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flathead wifi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Flathead wifi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Hello
This has partly answered a question relating to this rather strange sets of questions. My husband is applying for ILR, unlike a couple of you most his family still live abroad- not much we can do about that, with a limit of 500 words and a large family, do you put their addresses in the where they live,
or just town and country? Difficult to know how much detail they want.

"Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?"

We didn't understand the question about being connected to "social groups" what is meant by that? We initially put no, then it asked us to explain?

Any help would be appreciated
Warm regards