ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previous earning amount

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bajaj06
Newly Registered

previous earning amount

Post by bajaj06 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:21 pm

Can somebody please help me....

I am going to apply for Tier-1 visa and I am confused about how much should I write as my previous year earning.....actually my salary slips shows 2 amounts for my previous year earning...one is my gross earning and other one is taxable pay....gross earning is more than my taxable pay.....probably my pension contribution is not included in taxable pay....

Now shall i write gross pay as my previous year earning or taxable pay....I am sure other people might have gone through the same process...could any one kindly guide...

Many thanks,

push
United Kingdom

Re: previous earning amount

Post by push » Wed May 21, 2008 12:39 am

Gross Salary for sure.
bajaj06 wrote:Can somebody please help me....

I am going to apply for Tier-1 visa and I am confused about how much should I write as my previous year earning.....actually my salary slips shows 2 amounts for my previous year earning...one is my gross earning and other one is taxable pay....gross earning is more than my taxable pay.....probably my pension contribution is not included in taxable pay....

Now shall i write gross pay as my previous year earning or taxable pay....I am sure other people might have gone through the same process...could any one kindly guide...

Many thanks,

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:21 am

Hello,

I'm planning to apply for Tier 1 Visa in Sept 08.
Reg: the Previous earnings, I understand that You can show any 12 months in the 15 month period before makin the application.
I wish to show the payslips this way:
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
Now, is this a problem?? as, January is omitted out.This is beacuse I changed company in January mid and took vacation for last 2 weeks of Jan, so the Pay I received in the month of JANUARY is way too less.

Pls advice if this is a correct way or not???

Regards,
SS

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 am

Not any 12 months, it should be consecutive 12 months. Please read the guidance notes carefully. It is also ok to have a small break in employment. Please show the salary of Jan, however small that may be.

-H

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately it has to be consecutive 12 months in the recent last 15 months period so you have to show January payslip. I hope you will be able to get the required score by including january payslip.

Imran

santhosh_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by santhosh_hsmp » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:04 pm

hi
my company has given me UK relocaton expense of 70,000 which has been included in the gross salary can this be included in total amount of gross clacuation ?

shall i show my 07-08 years tax return form, if show that it has little less amount as last three months salary is much higher for me so if show last years tax return along with pay slip will that confuse accessing officer , will he consider only that amount or that amount + this april , may and june 08's salary. ?

please guide thanks
santhosh.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:39 pm

1. As long as it shows on your payslips, it should be fine.

2. First determine whether you can use tax documents as evidence of previous income in your case. For this you'll need to read the policy guidance carefully.

3. First things first, read the policy guidance carefully. Then learn to use the search tool available on this forum. Answers to your questions (posted here and elsewhere) are already available on the forum, so have the coutesy to search for them.

regards
santhosh_hsmp wrote:hi
my company has given me UK relocaton expense of 70,000 which has been included in the gross salary can this be included in total amount of gross clacuation ?

shall i show my 07-08 years tax return form, if show that it has little less amount as last three months salary is much higher for me so if show last years tax return along with pay slip will that confuse accessing officer , will he consider only that amount or that amount + this april , may and june 08's salary. ?

please guide thanks
santhosh.

ganeshptrk

Query on earnings period and exchange rate

Post by ganeshptrk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi,
Please clarify the following two queries.

The PBS guide says "Applicants should use the closing spot exchange rate which appears on Oanda for the last day of the period for which
they have claimed earnings in that currency".
Q1. "Last day of the period" refers to last day of each earning month or last day of whole 12 month period?

The PBS guide says "Points for Previous Earnings can be claimed in respect of any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months
immediately prior to the date of application".
Q2. For example, If I am making the application in June-08, does it mean that I can include any consecutive 12-months from
March-2007 to May-2008 which is 15 months immediately prior to the date of aplications.

Thanks

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Q1. "Last day of the period" refers to last day of each earning month or last day of whole 12 month period?
A1 - last day of whole 12 month period

Q2. For example, If I am making the application in June-08, does it mean that I can include any consecutive 12-months from March-2007 to May-2008 which is 15 months immediately prior to the date of aplications.
A2 - YES

All the best!

somapala
Newly Registered

Earnings in US and India

Post by somapala » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:37 am

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 skill migration. I am working in XXX company in India. I was in US for 1 year (client side) and I was paid $xxxx amount per month as per-diem (allowance). This was not taxable. I have bank statements and a pay slip for this. Same time I was paid in India as well. (which is taxable) For my Indian salary I have salary slips, tax documents and bank statements. I can get 80 pints with US income. Is there any problem if I apply with US income and Indian salary as my past earnings?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Earnings in US and India

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:09 pm

somapala wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier 1 skill migration. I am working in XXX company in India. I was in US for 1 year (client side) and I was paid $xxxx amount per month as per-diem (allowance). This was not taxable. I have bank statements and a pay slip for this. Same time I was paid in India as well. (which is taxable) For my Indian salary I have salary slips, tax documents and bank statements. I can get 80 pints with US income. Is there any problem if I apply with US income and Indian salary as my past earnings?
No, there is no problem but remember that for any earnings credited to you in India while you were working in US, you will not be able to apply uplift factor (if you don't know what uplift factor is, then read the Tier 1 guidance first). Secondly your earnings will be calculated against the US income band and not India income Band.

If you haven't understood what I am saying, then please read the Tier 1 guidance carefully.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

somapala
Newly Registered

Re: Earnings in US and India

Post by somapala » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:57 am

Yes, I can understand what you said. BUT why you say that we can't apply uplift factor for Indian salary? I went through the new policy guide carefully. They didnt mention anything like that. Just look at this:

115. The country in which the applicant has been
working, rather than his/her nationality, determines
the income bands against which we will assess the
earnings.

116. Where an applicant has earnings from more than
one country, the points-based calculator will apply the
appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the
relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total
UK equivalent value of earnings

So I think I have earnings from more than one country. I can enter both US and India earnins separately using this new calculator. What's your idea?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:04 pm

My *idea* remains the same. Search the forum for related information on uplift factor and you'll understand what I am saying.

Also, use self-assessment tool to double-check your assumptions. Select country of earnings as US, and try putting salary in INR for the time you were physically present and working in the US. Determine for yourself if the self-assessment tool applies uplift factor to your Indian salary (salary credited to your Indian bank account in India) or not.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!