ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kibria

Dependent Visa for Parents

Post by Kibria » Wed May 21, 2008 9:16 am

Hi,
I am on HSMP visa and I want to bring my parents over here in UK as dependent as they are wholly financially dependent on me, father is over 65 and there is no one back home to take care of them.

Can the moderator please advise ASAP what is the procedure (which form to fill and what other proofs I need to produce)

Thanks a lot in anticipation!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 am

Unfortunately, there is no specific category for parents as dependants of HSMP holders. Apart from visitors, your parents would have to wait until you are settled.
Can parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives go to live in the UK? wrote:If you are a widowed parent or grandparent aged 65 or over, or parents or grandparents travelling together and one of you is 65 or over, you may qualify if:

* you are completely or mainly financially dependent on children or grandchildren living and settled in the UK
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.