ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of past earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gill_b_s
Newly Registered

proof of past earnings

Post by gill_b_s » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi all,
I am a bit confused about what is considered as past earnings. Is it the
1) gross income
OR
2) taxable income
to make it clear, the gross income constitutes of various components that can be exempted from tax (Indian taxation System) eg HRA, LTA etc.
Now if one avails these benifits the taxable income is reduced .. and so is the tax.
Secondly, is bonus or performance incentive (both taxable) considered as an earning or not?

waitin for ur valuable response..

cheers,
Gill

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:36 pm

I believe this issue has been discussed quite extensively, you might want to check past post and you should find some answers. in short however i beleive it is income BEFORE tax and this includes bonuses as long as this income was Declared for tax purposes ( doesnt necessarily mean that the income should be taxed)

gunjans

Re: proof of past earnings

Post by gunjans » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:13 am

gill_b_s wrote:Hi all,
I am a bit confused about what is considered as past earnings. Is it the
1) gross income
OR
2) taxable income
to make it clear, the gross income constitutes of various components that can be exempted from tax (Indian taxation System) eg HRA, LTA etc.
Now if one avails these benifits the taxable income is reduced .. and so is the tax.
Secondly, is bonus or performance incentive (both taxable) considered as an earning or not?
Hello Gill,

i am from India and even seen a case from India which was rejected 'coz of not satisfying the crieteria for income proof..

At least, from India the income considered is after tax deductions i.e the income which is stated in Income Tax Return " SARAL" form.
This income can include Bonuses, HRA, LTA etc if those are part of your CTC and not tax exempted (as given in Form 16)

I hope that answers ur query and further require ne thing plz get back..