ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another Post graduation course after post graduation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

schhet01
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Another Post graduation course after post graduation

Post by schhet01 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi everyone!
I have completed my post graduation just recently and wanted to complete another post graduation. I haven't done graduation or any other course perviously apart from this post graduation in UK. I have this question because wanted to complete my PhD after completing another post graduation which would be helpful for my research. I am afraid because I have checked in uk gov website which says international students aren't allowed to study more than 5 years. So anyone could clarify this doubt?

Another question Just for information is it possible to study Level 6(graduation) course after Level 7 (postgraduation)? ;)

thanks for the reply!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Another Post graduation course after post graduation

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:57 am

schhet01 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm
I have this question because wanted to complete my PhD after completing another post graduation which would be helpful for my research. I am afraid because I have checked in uk gov website which says international students aren't allowed to study more than 5 years.
I don't know what information you are reading but the immigration rules and related guidances are clear that PhD courses are excluded from the time cap. See the Tier 4 Policy guidance, paragraph 110.
schhet01 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm
is it possible to study Level 6(graduation) course after Level 7 (postgraduation)? ;)
It is possible if the Tier 4 sponsor agrees, but you would need to apply for a new Tier 4 visa in your home country not as a visa extension in the UK, because the CAS would not confirm academic progression. See paragraphs 56 and 59 of the above guidance.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:00 am

If you’ve already studied in U.K. you need to show academic progression for the next course. If you’re regressing then you need to have a sound reason for it to justify during your interview.
Even if course is on the same level you need to explain why you opted for a second post grad, if it’s an extension of your previous course or involves more research.
PhD or PGres is easier to justify once you’ve done PG.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 am

sew wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:00 am
If you’ve already studied in U.K. you need to show academic progression for the next course.
Not if you are applying in your home country. See paragraph 56b of the Tier 4 policy guidance.
sew wrote:
If you’re regressing then you need to have a sound reason for it to justify during your interview.
I agree but that's about satisfying credibility not academic progression.
sew wrote:
Even if course is on the same level you need to explain why you opted for a second post grad, if it’s an extension of your previous course or involves more research.
Not if the sponsor has already confirmed that the new course academic progression on the CAS, which means you can apply in the UK. See paragraphs 72 to 77 of the Tier 4 policy guidance, "Studying at the same level".
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm

I didn’t know academic progression is only required if applying within U.K. that’s a new information for me, thanks!
yes my point was satisfying the ukvi about your choice of course and level. Otherwise no university would decline an admission if you fulfill the pre requisites. Many people change their field and do UG again, or another PG As an extension of what they studied in last course.