ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP ITS URGENT...thanx you

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicole
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP ITS URGENT...thanx you

Post by nicole » Wed May 21, 2008 8:24 pm

PLEASE......to anyone who could help or give any advise however small u may think it is would be greatly appreciated

am going back to my home country Dominica in the caribbean and i am engaged to a french citizen and national who i met here almost 3yrs ago

we plan to marry in feb in Dominica but are not sure what we will need to do to settle in France...

also if i am unable learn to speak the french language then i cant find a good job so would like to come back to london...

but i am an overstayer who is leaving the country voluntarily in september

anyone knows what i should expect at the airport

any advise anyone????

ricky

Post by ricky » Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 pm

i think your case is a bit similar to mine
in the airport they will ask you few questions then stamp your passport with:
IS151A , i learned from browsing in this forum that : IS stand for : information system and it is shared by all european countries
IS151A means : overstayer , removal notice
i think if you are planning to apply from french embassy make sure you talk about your overstay in uk because it may show in their system , be honest
if your partner (french national) moved to UK , you could apply for family permit through english embassy :wink:

Aplmac
Newly Registered

Post by Aplmac » Fri May 23, 2008 1:44 am

Might help a bit if you guys got married IN FRANCE.

yes yes I know.. but your mother and all your family and friends are in Dominica...!!

maybe you could hold a second ceremony in Dominica,
but it might help to have a genuine PARIS Marriage Certificate with a date previous to the Dominica date??

Just a thought! hope it helps.

nicole
Newly Registered

Post by nicole » Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm

thank you so much for your reply it meant alot

i would be lying if i said that my heart did not sink when i read your reply

but its best to knw what to expect right

also just wanted to pass soemthing by you...when we get married i plan to get a new passport with his name would that affect me re-entering the UK

would they connect the two passports?