ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lied , is this deception

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isabella11
Newly Registered

lied , is this deception

Post by isabella11 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm

a good friend of mine is worried about the following :

she was an overstayer in uk , returned home , applied for settlement visa included the circumstances of her overstay , allowed back in uk but her worries are the following :

when she was in uk she worked with a temporary national number for 2 years and she lied about her nationality then that was few years ago , she is worried now back legally and she has to apply for NIN will this be considered : deception ?????
if she applies now do you think guys they keep records of temporary national insurance number ? will this be considered deception ?????

i don t know what to tell her she is very paranoid about this

please advice what do you thing about this ? is this deception ?

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 am

Well, lie and deception are the same things, aren't they? Deception is a "formal" lie by knowingly declaring something to the authorities, which is not true.

There is nothing much she can do now other than just to fill in the application form and submit in a usual way to DSS. There is no other way of getting NIN.

Knowing the situation in the UK some 5 years ago, unless it has changed now, she may probably get away with it and no one may even mention anything to her. If she has never been issued a permanent NIN before under the same name, she should be ok.

She will need to fill in the form as if she is doing it for the first time and stick to the questions asked without giving any additional information unless she is asked for it.

Good luck!

Jeff

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 am

The DWP do not care about her previous history. As long as she has a right to work, which the settlement visa confers they will issue the NINO whithout a problem. There has been no deception on the part of the individual in terms of immigration as she has not lied to the immigration authorities.

isabella11
Newly Registered

Post by isabella11 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 am

thank you jeff and frontiermole for your answers

she never applied for any permanent NIN, just a temporary one issued to her by the company she used to work for
then the tax office started to send letters to her asking her to apply for a permanent number since then she stopped working

weldsousa2007
Newly Registered

Post by weldsousa2007 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:50 pm

isabella11 wrote:thank you jeff and frontiermole for your answers

she never applied for any permanent NIN, just a temporary one issued to her by the company she used to work for
then the tax office started to send letters to her asking her to apply for a permanent number since then she stopped working
Did she tell the truth about her working illegaly while she was in the uk when she applied for her visa??

I did work illegaly for 2 years when I was in the uk, and I'm going to apply for a settlement visa next month and I don't know whether to tell the truth about the working illegaly or not, obviously if asked?? My solicitor rekon I shouldn't because it is a negligible fact to the application.
I was sent a letter from the tax office once and that was it nothing else. How could they possibly find out about it , I mean that I had worked illegaly???
By the way, I used my own name while I was working.
If anyone could help that would be great.
Thanks in advance.