ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joanfar
Philippines

Child Benefit

Post by joanfar » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:36 am

Good day,

We've recently sent our EU1 form by post to INIS, I am from the Philippines and my husband is British. We have a 5-year old EU-citizen son and I was wondering if my husband can apply for our son's child benefit? I understand that in Ireland, child benefit is normally paid to the mother. However in our case, me having to wait for INIS to process my EU4FAM, how do we go about it? My son is attending the National school in the area where we live. Any advise will be appreciated, thanks very much.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Child Benefit

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Yes, if your husband satisfies the criteria of child benefit entitlement then he can apply. There is some sort of preference that these benefits are transferred to the mother's account but it is not mandatory. Child benefits of my kid are paid in my bank account rather than my wife's because when I applied she didn't have an Irish bank account. So yes it is possible.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks very much for the helpful information!

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello again,

An update regarding our child benefit application. We have just received a returned application for child benefit with a note from their office saying, "Under Child Benefit Regulations, where the child(ren) reside(s) with both parents, Child Benefit is paid to the mother. Therefore, the child(ren)'s mother/stepmother should complete the Child Benefit and HRC1 application forms enclosed." I have also phoned them and they said the same thing very abruptly.

Any advise will be highly appreciated if any of you have heard of or in a similar situation to mine , one who is currently waiting for INIS to process my EU1 application. My husband was the one receiving Child Benefit in the UK when we lived there, so I'm in a bit of confused state. Cheers.