ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife can’t pass the English test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amro811
Newly Registered
Egypt

My wife can’t pass the English test

Post by Amro811 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi dear
I am wondering if you can help me or any advice about my wife and kids as she is in Egypt with the kids and I am in Uk I have my ILR since 2015 and I have long term disability since 2014 and I am trying to bring them over but unfortunately she can’t pass the English test in Egypt she applied three times and couldn’t pass and I am over here alone and because of my health condition I need them to be with me I need her help . I receive the highest rate of PIP benefits because of my disability. . I need your advice there’s any other way that I can use to make she come over without taking the test. Please help me thank you
Regard
Amro

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Re: My wife can’t pass the English test

Post by EastLondoner » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi Amro,

Sorry to hear about your situation.
Could I ask what kind of preparation your wife has been doing for the tests, and over what period?

If she hasn't done so already it may be worth enrolling on an English preparation course with mock tests, buying a few preparatory textbooks - and ideally finding a private tutor - either in person, or online.
With practice, she'll get there in the end - but it can be a slow process, and can take a while to improve.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Unless she has some sort of diagnosed disability which prevents her from learning, she will have to pass an English Test, there are no way around it.

UKVI are very strict with this English requirement. She will need to keep trying.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:27 am

The requirement was upheld by the Supreme Court.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.