ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 referee question (urgent)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

MN1 referee question (urgent)

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply for my daughter's (under 6) naturalization next week and need an urgent help please.

We have 2 referees. Both are pharmacists, over 25 and British citizens. Obviously, both know our child personally since birth and one of them was also prescribing medicines to her.

Question 1: Does this tick all the boxes?

Now, the Guidance says that the referees should not be related to each other. However, but both referees in question are work colleagues (working in the same company).

Question 2: Is this an issue that both referees know each other as the Guidance says they should not be related? Or it means they should not be relatives?

I would highly appreciate your help as there is little time left to fix this if this is wrong. Thanks.

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: MN1 referee question (urgent)

Post by KatHof » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:53 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:42 pm
Hi All,

I am going to apply for my daughter's (under 6) naturalization next week and need an urgent help please.

We have 2 referees. Both are pharmacists, over 25 and British citizens. Obviously, both know our child personally since birth and one of them was also prescribing medicines to her.

Question 1: Does this tick all the boxes?

Now, the Guidance says that the referees should not be related to each other. However, but both referees in question are work colleagues (working in the same company).

Question 2: Is this an issue that both referees know each other as the Guidance says they should not be related? Or it means they should not be relatives?

I would highly appreciate your help as there is little time left to fix this if this is wrong. Thanks.
1. yes it does
2. no it does not matter as long as they are not married or blood related.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Thanks a lot!

Another question please: I will apply through NCS. Do I need to include the payment slip too or send it separately? My understanding is that I need to include the payment slip but want to clarify.

Also, are the supporting documents below correct (child will be registered under section 1(3)):

Child's New Passport
Child's Old Passport
Child's UK Birth Certificate
Child's Dependant BRP
Our Marriage Certificate (original and UK notarized)
My ILR BRP
My wife's ILR BRP

Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:16 am

Yes you sned payment slip with your application.

Only ONE parents ILR and passport is required for a child, not both.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks a lot! Submitted the application last week, hopefully, all will be good.

The NCS officer, however, advised that a pharmacist reference doesn't really tick the box as the person should be engaged professionally with child and prescribing medicines is not a professional activity with child. But he said not to worry as Home Office, most likely, won't ask for other reference.

So, let's wait and see.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 am

FYI I've got the naturalization certificate today. So the references were ok.