ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I request to hold process to get my passport?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siddharthpandey
Newly Registered

How can I request to hold process to get my passport?

Post by siddharthpandey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, I gave my passport for renewal on 15th Nov to Cardiff office and the mission was London. I had to give over there as no appointment was available in London.

I've got ILR visa now and today is the 7th working day if I count from 15th - the day when the application was submitted. I've read that it usually takes minimum 8-10 working days to get the renewed passport. I had no change request in the passport, everything is the same.

I have got a situation for which I need to go to India quite urgently. But I'm not sure whether should I request to stop the process to get my passport or wait for the process to complete.

Does anyone know the process to request the passport back and how long does it usually take to get it if the process is requested to be stopped? I know the fee is not refundable.