ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU getting married in / moving to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KimYing
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Non EU getting married in / moving to Ireland

Post by KimYing » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi, Im from Malaysia and I am getting married to my fiance whose a Portuguese citizen living in Ireland. We have recently passed our marriage interview and we've received a Registrars Agreement stating our official registration date, which is in February 2019. Plus, I am also planning to move in together with my husband to-be after our marriage registration.

Seeing that I come from a non-visa required country, I'd like to find out if I'm allowed to purchase one way ticket to Ireland from Malaysia, and explain to the immigration officer that I'm about to get married in Ireland and that I'm going to report myself to the garda station (to apply for a stamp 4) after my marriage registration.

Or, will I be required to show a proof my return flight ticket to the immigration officer, as I am only allowed to stay in Ireland for 90 days without a visa?

Please help.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Non EU getting married in / moving to Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:42 pm

KimYing wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:15 pm
Hi, Im from Malaysia and I am getting married to my fiance whose a Portuguese citizen living in Ireland. We have recently passed our marriage interview and we've received a Registrars Agreement stating our official registration date, which is in February 2019. Plus, I am also planning to move in together with my husband to-be after our marriage registration.

Seeing that I come from a non-visa required country, I'd like to find out if I'm allowed to purchase one way ticket to Ireland from Malaysia, and explain to the immigration officer that I'm about to get married in Ireland and that I'm going to report myself to the garda station (to apply for a stamp 4) after my marriage registration.

Or, will I be required to show a proof my return flight ticket to the immigration officer, as I am only allowed to stay in Ireland for 90 days without a visa?

Please help.
Yes, that's correct.

If asked explain your situation to the immigration officer and as soon as you get married and within 90 days from your arrival date apply for EU Treaty Rights, as soon as an application is lodged with INIS you will be deemed "legal" in the country even if the application is pending.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

KimYing
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by KimYing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:47 pm

So, it's alright for me to purchase one-way ticket and bring all the necessary documents? Cause I'm just a little worried crossing over UK border and into Ireland. There's a chance I might get send home for not showing proof of my return flight details at the UK immigration.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 pm

KimYing wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:47 pm
So, it's alright for me to purchase one-way ticket and bring all the necessary documents? Cause I'm just a little worried crossing over UK border and into Ireland. There's a chance I might get send home for not showing proof of my return flight details at the UK immigration.
Are you currently living in the UK or in Malaysia? You don't need a visa for the UK either and if you are transiting on the way to Ireland why would that be a concern?

If you just want to be more comfortable then book a flexible return ticket that can be changed for a fee so you don't end up wasting the money.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.