ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 - Naturalisation (5+ years) - Required docs question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qazphi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Form 8 - Naturalisation (5+ years) - Required docs question

Post by qazphi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi,

Just going through the process and filling out Form 8 as a UK citizen with 5+ years reckoned residence.

I'm doing this myself so had a few basic questions as I don't want to make any mistakes.

i. Do I need to send my passport in together with the form 8, or do they just require a certified copy?

ii. On the notes at the start of the form, it states that I need to supply (amongst other things):
6. Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed, showing your
name and address and date of issue, e.g. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills
(gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, social
welfare, letter from employment, etc
I've got a gas bill and an electric bill for each year, together with an employer's reference letter that covers the whole 5+ years. Do I have to have a separate employer's letter for each year (even though I've worked for the same employer for the entire period)?

Thanks

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Form 8 - Naturalisation (5+ years) - Required docs question

Post by thegoodaulleo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Yes, you do have to send your original passport (which will be returned to you in a couple of weeks). I you have worked for the same employer one letter is enough (as far as it is recent).

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by javiercarrillo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 pm

A related question: do I have to send the originals of the utility bills/other proofs of residency? I imagine copies are ok but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 pm

javiercarrillo wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 pm
A related question: do I have to send the originals of the utility bills/other proofs of residency? I imagine copies are ok but I'm not sure.

Thanks.
Copies are fine.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:41 pm

And you will need at least one bank statement per year as one of your proof of residence. It’s not in their rule but many people (me included) were asked to provide them for any year that doesn’t have a bank statement.

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by javiercarrillo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks for the info, littler! I got those as well as (per their requirements) bank statements for at least 3 out of last 6 months.