ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Application Centre - SET(O) Ancestry?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

New Application Centre - SET(O) Ancestry?

Post by ginger_ninja » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi there
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, I have read through so many different pages and can't find the answer!
I just realised that there is a new system for applying for SOME visa's. I have completed the online form for Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Ancestry. In the new system, I don't think it specifies that people can use the new system if applying by that route. it does say
'Settle in the UK - certain categories only' - but I don't know which categories.
Do I need to book a premium service separately, or will the online form offer me this option once I have paid?
thanks
Georgie

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New Application Centre - SET(O) Ancestry?

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:37 pm

It is very clear that you can apply online under SET(O) under ancestry route (source)
You will be given the option to use UKVCAS service centers to submit your documents/biometrics after you submit your application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

Post by ginger_ninja » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:55 pm

I also had another question! :)

The online form only allowed me to enter a certain number of trips outside the UK. Has anyone else experienced this? I have been on a lot of short holidays over the years. I have a spreadsheet with all my absences from the UK - and was going to attach that. Any idea if that will be ok?

thanks!
Georgie

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

Post by ginger_ninja » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Thanks Zimba

When I first started completing the online form it was still for the old service. It seems like the online form was set up to facilitate the new system and provider, but it worried me that Ancestry was not stated in the list of categories that could use the new service

thanks
Georgie

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

online form wont allow all absences

Post by ginger_ninja » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:37 pm

I am completing the online form for ILR via Ancestry, and have over 60 absences from the UK. The online form caps at a certain point and wont let me enter all the absences. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a spreadsheet with all absences, will this suffice?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:13 pm

ginger_ninja wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:55 pm
I also had another question! :)

The online form only allowed me to enter a certain number of trips outside the UK. Has anyone else experienced this? I have been on a lot of short holidays over the years. I have a spreadsheet with all my absences from the UK - and was going to attach that. Any idea if that will be ok?

thanks!
Georgie
Print the spreadsheet and include it as part of your documents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice