ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA residence card while on divorce process

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jos-dah
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Applying for EEA residence card while on divorce process

Post by jos-dah » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Good evening everyone,
thank you in advance for considering this request.
i am on a steady relationship with my EEA National over 2 years. the issue is that my partner is on divorce process that took unexpected delay and we can not get married. this is my 3rd visitor visa to visit my partner and honestly the situation is getting oppressing for both of us living apart.
can we apply as Genuine and Subsisting Relationship?
Which route I need to go for and which form I have to use?
Any comments and advice will be appreciated.
Kindest Regards

Gooner14
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: Applying for EEA residence card while on divorce process

Post by Gooner14 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Been through that situation. My application was refused within 2 months . But again we also didn’t had enough evidences to prove that we were in a durable relationships even though we have lived for just over two years . I applied that application on June 2018 . You guys will require that divorce certificate. I personally think it’s necessary.
Joint Utility bills and council tax bills Are must.

Applied human rights application . Took almost a year for the decision and was also refused . Now my gf has the divorce certificate and now we have applied for EEA QP application.
12 June biometric given
19 June COA RECEIVED no work right

hsol8357
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Applying for EEA residence card while on divorce process

Post by hsol8357 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:04 pm

I am also in a similar situation but a bit different. I applied on July 24th as well without my divorce certificate. The main reason I went ahead a still applied is because my son was born in Northern Ireland on June 7th and from what my solicitor has said this can strengthen my application. I should also mention that we have only been together 1.5 years and only officially lived together for 7 months. I too was also traveling back a forth from the US to visit my partner alot till this last time I stayed when I arrived Jan. 24th. I was able to get several pieces of correspondence because only after a month of being here I had an emergency visit to the hospital and a few follow up appointments. They send all the follow up appointments to my address as well as a summary of what I was treated for. I put my partners TV license in my name as well so I had that piece correspondence in my name. Even went as far as getting a library card just to check out a book and have it be an over due book to get a letter in the mail about it. In all I provided 12 pieces of correspondence in my name at the same address as my partner. Also 6 pieces of correspondence in her name. In addition to all this I provided alot of other evidence showing we have a durable relationship. Our childs birth certificate being the main piece of evidence showing shared parentage. Back to the divorce I was never able to finish before I moved here. Although I do not have the divorce degree yet I showed evidence of all my attempts to have my estranged spouse served. My situation is complicated because I have not had any communication with my EX for 5 years and not even an address until I found her lost known address in the voter registry. All my attempts to have her served failed. Evidence I provided was a complaint of Absolute Divorce, affidavits, writ of summons, reciepts of certified mail I send to her house and a very detailed cover letter explaining everything I will continue doing to my complete my divorce. It is a nightmare to be honest and will take time especially if I can't find her but it will get done. I probably over explained myself here. But my point with everything I wrote is I was very well prepared to show the HO that my relationship is durable and long lasting. I guess the main thing that helps my application is my child that was born here. I am very optimistic about everything and I know my application will succeed. I can also mention other people I have read about having success without being divorced because of other reasons like not being able to divorce because of religion or other personal reasons. If you decide to go ahead with the application I recommend of course being very well prepared. I would start by getting correspondence send to the same address. Lots and lots of evidence. The home office likes to see people sharing money as well. Have a baby!! Just kidding of course. Time is running out though. BREXIT!!!