ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Online form - referee for child , no requirement for GP etc ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinitmenon
United Kingdom

MN1 Online form - referee for child , no requirement for GP etc ?

Post by vinitmenon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi Folks,

I am currently filling up the application for naturalization form online which includes my son ( child born in UK )
I am aware that the paper version and guidance mentioned:

One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

However when I am now filling it online it doesn't mention anything like this for the child application , the referee requirements are shown same as AN1 (adult) applications?

Anyone knows anything about this change, not sure if its a mistake.
Is it OK to just give adult referees instead of chasing the school or GP for a child referee ?

vinitmenon
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Online form - referee for child , no requirement for GP etc ?

Post by vinitmenon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Ok, I got my answer when I printed off the declaration ; the referee requirements for a child have not changed.
Will try the school.