ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids born in UK - do I need to apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rons4174
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Kids born in UK - do I need to apply for ILR?

Post by rons4174 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi,

I have a child who is born in UK 3 years ago and another one who will be born in UK in Feb 2019. I will be applying for my ILR in March 2019, do I need to apply for the 3 year old and the new baby's ILR also?

Or can I apply for mine and my wife's ILR and then apply for the kids citizenship directly?

Please advice.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Kids born in UK - do I need to apply for ILR?

Post by tier21419 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:22 pm

You can apply for their citizenship directly, once your ILR is approved.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Kids born in UK - do I need to apply for ILR?

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 am

No need for ILR. Your UK born children are entitled to be registered as British Citizens when at least one parent becomes settled in the UK. You can register them after your ILR is granted.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice