ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification regarding Passport Collection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haripra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Clarification regarding Passport Collection

Post by haripra » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi All, This query is been posted on regard of Passport collection after submission of settlement visa.I have applied for partner visa as my wife is a British citizen and she has met all the needed requirements for applying partner visa.I submitted biometrics and did Passport submission on Oct 24th before which we completed online application successfully.My wife submitted all the needed documents and we received all the original documents as well back from Sheffield office.Today I received an SMS from VFSSMS sender stating that the “The processed visa application for GWF no XXXXX was received at the UK visa application centre on 11/29/2018.If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed visa application will be delivered to the chosen address.If not the documents can be collected during the designated Passport collection times.” I haven’t opted for direct delivery, So should I wait for a mail from VFS regarding Passport collection or can I go straight to VFS with this message alone. Also what all documents should I carry to VFS on the day of Passport collection.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Clarification regarding Passport Collection

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:01 am

Go to VFS as your passport is ready.

Take with you a form of ID and also receipt they gave when you submitted the biometrics.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Re: Clarification regarding Passport Collection

Post by ukvisa123 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Check with VFS. I think you partner has posted the same question under the username veenz yesterday. As far as I am aware you will need the receipt and envelope stub given to you at the time of bio metrics. Contact VFS and they should be able to let you know.