ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa - No refusal or acceptance?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mcinnesjake
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa - No refusal or acceptance?

Post by mcinnesjake » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:34 am

HI All,

My Fiancé (American) just received her package back today (roughly 55 business days) and we were expecting positive results. She has opened the package and we don't see any 'letter of refusal', 'passport stamps' or 'letter of acceptance', it is just her documents returned. (With this package we used a solicitor).

We had previously been rejected on a prior application (Without the use of a solicitor) for a paperwork error, and with this we received a rejection letter. So we are somewhat confused to this time receive nothing at all?

I am in the process of contacting my solicitor to see if she has received any notice.

My questions are:
1. If we were approved - would we expect to see something in her passport when the package was received back? or is it delivered separately as a document?
2. If refused, would the letter of been sent to our solicitor this time?
3. Has a situation like this every happened to any one else? and if so what was the outcome?

Please comment if you require any further information.

Thanks in advance

Jake

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa - No refusal or acceptance?

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,

Its a standard procedure to return the documents before a decision is made.

Did she receive the passport back? If not I would advise you to wait for the decision.

mcinnesjake
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mcinnesjake » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Thanks for the reply,

Yes she received her passport - which is why we are so confused.

I was aware that you may receive all the supporting documents back and then the passport could follow.

But she has received everything we sent, but there is no indication of any decision.

Am I right in thinking, if approved there would be something within the passport?

Thanks again

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Thats Weird!! Atleast they should send you a letter, if rejected with the documents. Did you speak to your solicitor? I dont think they will send anything to solicitor.

I would recommend either calling or emailing UKVI contact centre quoting the application reference. DOnt think they are open over the weekend.

mcinnesjake
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mcinnesjake » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Trying to contact the solicitor but no response as of yet.

Very frustrating that they do not open on the weekends, especially when you are paying such high fees to apply, the service should be 7 days a week.

I will ask my solicitor to contact them on my behalf on Monday and post an update then.

If anyone has went through a similar experience, please let me know your experience.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 pm

ukvisa123 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:46 am
Hi,

Its a standard procedure to return the documents before a decision is made.

Did she receive the passport back
? If not I would advise you to wait for the decision.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Go through each page of bundle to check whether they sent any single A4 sized page confirming to have photocopied all documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:35 pm

I can now see from an earlier post that the passport was returned with the other documents. If the 30 day visa vignette wasn't affixed, it suggests that the application hasn't been successful.

However, your Solicitor may well have received further information regarding the outcome of the application directly.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.