ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Job on Tier 2 Gen

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aja
United Kingdom

Second Job on Tier 2 Gen

Post by aja » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello,

I would like some information on what needs to be done to take up a second job while on Tier 2 Gen.

Reading the Tier 2 Gen guidance document i do understand the following :
You can take a second job on this visa if you’re working up to 20 hours a week in either:

- the same profession as your main job and at the same level
- a profession on the shortage occupation list

The Questions i have are :
1. Does the employer who would offer the 20 hour / week job need to a licensed sponsor ?
2. Do they need to perform rlmt, and raise any cos ?
3. Is it the individual or the primary sponsor or the part time employer that needs to notify Home office of this 20 hour employment ?
4. Would taking up a 2nd job need any written consent from the main sponsor ?

5. Is this second job a quite complicated process and better be avoided till ILR ?

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Second Job on Tier 2 Gen

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:16 pm

aja wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:29 pm
Hello,

I would like some information on what needs to be done to take up a second job while on Tier 2 Gen.

Reading the Tier 2 Gen guidance document i do understand the following :
You can take a second job on this visa if you’re working up to 20 hours a week in either:

- the same profession as your main job and at the same level
- a profession on the shortage occupation list

The Questions i have are :
1. Does the employer who would offer the 20 hour / week job need to a licensed sponsor ?
No

2. Do they need to perform rlmt, and raise any cos ?
NO
3. Is it the individual or the primary sponsor or the part time employer that needs to notify Home office of this 20 hour employment ?
Your primary sponsor might report it as a change in circumstances.

4. Would taking up a 2nd job need any written consent from the main sponsor ?
You just need something for your record purpose that you informed them

5. Is this second job a quite complicated process and better be avoided till ILR ?

I think the issue is usually with the tax and sometimes it might be hard to prove that you have not done more than the required hours. So yes, it could be complicated atimes. You can get more information from people who might have gone through a similar situation as I never did when I was on Tier 2.

Thanks
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am

Many thanks for your inputs @djsuccess

If any one from this forum has gone through the process, your guidance would be highly helpful.

Thanks again.

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Any help or guidance on this topic by anyone who has tried the supplementary work please ?

Thanks