ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The outcome of my application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

The outcome of my application

Post by Tre » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 am

Dear all,

I made my online application for BC on 18 October. On 16 November I received an email from a member of staff at the HO as below:

"Dear ABC
I refer to your application for British citizenship.
If your application is successful, please confirm the format you wish to have your Naturalisation certificate is as, other names: AB and surname: C as per application form or ABC as per current passport.
Please reply to this email by 23/11/2018.
Yours sincerely,"

I replied to the email on the same day and thought my application had been approved. However, I have been waiting for the approval letter for nearly 3 weeks now and it has not arrived yet. Do you think my application has been fine?

Also, I need my original documents including my ILR card which have been submitted as part of my BC application as I need to show them to my new employer soon. Can I contact the HO and ask them to return these to me? Thank you very much and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,