ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for EEA1 and EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scimo

Apply for EEA1 and EEA2

Post by scimo » Sun May 25, 2008 10:26 am

hi,
i am going to apply EEA1(for me) and EEA2 (for my wife).
i will be going to Germany next month myself only for three days. if my absend it be effected both application.
for travel iam using my ID card.

on which address can i apply for both application. thanx for helpling

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sun May 25, 2008 11:17 am

I think you send both applications to the Liverpool address, which is listed on the EEA1 form.

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:43 pm

On the Homepage of the UK Border Agency they write:
From 25 February 2008, completed EEA1 application forms should be sent to:

Home Office
PO Box 306
Dept 45
Liverpool
L2 0QN

All other completed application forms should be sent to:

European Applications
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon May 26, 2008 3:40 pm

yankeegirl wrote:I think you send both applications to the Liverpool address, which is listed on the EEA1 form.
Home Office seem to have latched on to the 'loophole' of people sending both EEA1 and EEA2 to the EEA1 address, to get the Residence Card quicker! So they are now separating the applications, even if you send them both to the EEA1 address. So methinks it's better just to send the correct form to the correct address, these days.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon May 26, 2008 3:59 pm

EEA2 applications are now being dealt with in Liverpool. I have no idea why they haven't changed this in the guidance notes though; it seems totally illogical to send an app to Croydon just to have it forwarded on. There was a recent thread and the poster was trying to get a status on his application, only to find out that all EU apps are being handled by Liverpool at the moment. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Also, I think someone received confirmation from the IPLA that it was ok to send both to Liverpool, if the EEA1/EEA2 were sent together. This actually makes more sense, because passports, wage slips and so on are needed to assess both applications.

I'm off to see if I can find the relevant threads...

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon May 26, 2008 4:20 pm

here ya go, hope it helps.
Btw, forgot to mention, not sure if you guys know that all EEA applications have been transfered to Liverpool. I mean all, not only EEA1. I found out when I called Croydon's Complaints Department - they told me they did not deal with it anymore as all the applications are in Liverpool now.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20
The BIA have told ILPA that joint apps should be sent to the address in Liverpool.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#146751