ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation in the UK??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farazk86
Pakistan

Accommodation in the UK??

Post by farazk86 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:56 pm

I started my application in November and logged back in today to complete it, I was presented with a message that some changes have come into effect since I started this application and I will have to provide more information in my application.

Did anyone else get this? What changes? No link was given.

I had completed my application last time and I just logged in today to submit it, but after the message I was asked about:
"Accommodation in the UK"
Tell us about where you plan to stay in the UK. You will be able to add another place on the next page.
Where are you planning to stay in the UK?
If you are staying with friends, other relatives, or in another person's home, give their full name.

It is okay if you have not confirmed the final details of your accommodation yet. Give as many details as you can about:

if you are going to stay in a hotel or other paid accommodation
addresses of friends or family you will be staying with
towns, cities or areas you plan to visit

Date you will arrive:
Date you will leave:
This application is for my baby daughter, who i would like for me to join in a couple months.

I am currently living in a shared flat as I am living alone, and I did some searching online here and many people only provided employer maintenance letter for dependents and they got their visa approved. I also will attach maintenance letter from my employer. As I dont have a place of my own, yet.

What details should I give here? Should I give details of my current shared flat?

Asking for the experience of other members here.

Many thanks

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: Accommodation in the UK??

Post by farazk86 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm

I dont remember seeing this question before:
Do you have an address for where you are going to stay in the UK? (Required)
If you do not have an address for your accommodation, select No and on the next page give details of what you intend to do.
Then on next page:
Where do you plan to stay in the UK?
Give as much detail as possible of where you intend to stay, for example in a hotel, private housing, or with friends.
What do you members suggest I do, Select Yes and give current address, or select No and in details provide maintenance letters and mention I will arrange a flat before they arrive??

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Sorry for the bump, but I am looking for someone else's opinion on this before I go ahead with the application [and hopefuly get it in before the IHS price change :shock: ]

I feel i should choose "no" to accommodation for my dependents and in the reasoning mention that I have been given a maintenance letter from my sponsor [attached] and that I am also in the process of acquiring a flat which I would have acquired before they arrive.

Is that a reasonable discussion for accommodation?

Because the maintenance letter from my sponsor is very clear on supporting me on the accomodation:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Dr Faraz
DoB: --/--/----
Certificate No: ----

As requested, please find enclosed a letter to confirm that the [company name] will maintain and
accommodate your dependants until the end of their first month in the UK.
Please note that we have provided this guarantee letter to avoid the necessity for you to prove your
ability to meet the maintenance criteria and so to ease the process of applying for your visa. We
are able to do so as an "A rated" sponsor.

This is to confirm that [Sponsor Name], as an A-Rated sponsor, will maintain and
accommodate Dr Faraz's dependants until the end of their first month in the UK.
The details of his dependants are as follows:

Thanks to anyone replying

Tosh119
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Tosh119 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Sorry I can't answer this, but I'm bumping because I would also like to know. I'm planning to stay with my brother until I find a flatshare but don't know how long I'll be there.

hassanejaz1
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by hassanejaz1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 pm

I had seen this question as well while filling the application. If anyone can reply to this it would be great.
Also if anyone can tell me when does the IHS fee increase? from what to what?
TIA!