ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ASYLUM SEEKER! 4+ years waiting for a decision

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daxx
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ASYLUM SEEKER! 4+ years waiting for a decision

Post by Daxx » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:20 am

Hi,

I need some advice from someone who is experienced in this area and is able to help me.

So, my father applied for asylum late 2014 while having a valid visa. My father and mother were given work permission while me and my brother weren’t so I’m gussing it’s becaue we we under 18. However, now I’m 18 I would like to work and I contacted the home office and they said no, I wonder if there is a way I can get permission to work.

I applied for university and was forced to defer my place for next year because we are still waiting for a decision from the home office as I won’t be able to take a student loan even though I lived in the uk for half of my life.

Staying home without university or work is starting to get to me and it’s effecting my mental heath so much. I can’t stand staying home and not being able to do anything.

If there a way I can contact the home office or request another interview or apply for citizenship straight away??

Any help is appreciated

Thank you.

gudlifeuk20
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ASYLUM SEEKER! 4+ years waiting for a decision

Post by gudlifeuk20 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi, straight forward case as you mentioned earlier if you lived in UK half of your life its still under immigration law private life if you spent half of your life here qualified for leave to remain which is 2.5 years .para AdE 1 261 Check it under flr fp guide lines..