ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When did you first Enter the UK ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan_80
Pakistan

When did you first Enter the UK ?

Post by khan_80 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Dear Experts Members,
Its time near for me to apply for my ILR on combination of Tier 1 G and Tier 2 G. Actually First time I enter UK based on Tier 1 G visa in Jan 2010, but then due to Job Market Issue, being out of the UK more than 180 days. 20th Feb 2014 I came back to UK for Visa Extension and then out for 130 days for my Son Treatment as he was diagnosed with some illness and finally came back in 12th July 2014 and living and working here in UK Continuously and went 2 time for Annual Leaves less then 50 days.

1) What date now I should mentioned in my ILR Application '' When did you first enter the UK'' does this should be the date from which I am counting 5 years period 20th Feb 2014 or this should be the date first enter in UK based on Tier 1 Visa in Jan 2010.

2) As I have 130 days out of the UK from 1st March 2014 to 12th July 2014 which is less than 180 days even if we consider as rolling period. does this can have impact on ILR or not as per rules less than 180 days per year should be ok.

3) I want to go for Premium Service Appointment same day which I am not sure available any more or not due to this new system introduction.

4) Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth ? Does this means we need to give all information from Birth Till 19th Feb 2014 as after 20th Feb 2014 counting towards the 5 years time for ILR.

Thanks for your support and will be waiting for Experts suggestion and advices.

voiceofthepurple
United Kingdom

Re: When did you first Enter the UK ?

Post by voiceofthepurple » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Apologies that this isn't an answer, but I also found that first question confusing. The wording says:

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

However, when you first entered is not the same as when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

I hope we can get some clarification on this.

khan_80
Pakistan

Post by khan_80 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:52 pm

voiceofthepurple wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 pm
Apologies that this isn't an answer, but I also found that first question confusing. The wording says:

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

However, when you first entered is not the same as when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

I hope we can get some clarification on this.
Yes this is very strange and confusing question.

Hi All
can any one else please check and explain these questions. I am waiting for the information.

Thanks

voiceofthepurple
United Kingdom

Post by voiceofthepurple » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:11 am

I just came across another answer to this in another post: here