ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fafaicha
BANNED
United Kingdom

Biometric letter

Post by Fafaicha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi guys,

I posted my documents through the European return documents services on 19/11 and HO received them on 21/11 the email confirmation were received on 19 as we applied online on 18. Until now I haven't received any letter, should I start worrying as people applied after me and got it already along with COA.

Thanks

Fafaicha
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric letter

Post by Fafaicha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Can I please et this confirmed that biometric letter is necessary regardless the decision they take later on. Meaning if I still haven't received it it doesn't mean I am refused does it and vice versa?

malanjinho
Newly Registered

Post by malanjinho » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Fafaicha wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 pm
Hi guys,

I posted my documents through the European return documents services on 19/11 and HO received them on 21/11 the email confirmation were received on 19 as we applied online on 18. Until now I haven't received any letter, should I start worrying as people applied after me and got it already along with COA.

Thanks
Hi,
Iam no guru, just a member.

Based on my recent experience, as recent as two days ago, a rejection is on the way. I had also posted my documents around the same time as you for eeA2 and found it odd that the biometric letter was taking so long, unlike the current timelines. I had submitted a driver licence by mistake instead of a national ID and that caused the rejection. Without wanting to speculate, it lead me to believe that they only send the biometric letter if your application is at least good to be considered (not necessarily approved, but considered).

Sorry cant be of much help...

Fafaicha
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Fafaicha » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I actually used the European service, so they have done the copies of our passports but also sent our original IDs, I am now worried that because of my biometric ID that is in Arabic, apart from my full name is written in Latin they might reject my application. So not sure what to do. You at least getting it back I don't know why they are so slow.