ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP!! - Maintenance evidence for Tier 1 Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jcs

URGENT HELP!! - Maintenance evidence for Tier 1 Dependant

Post by jcs » Mon May 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 General in India. I have a question around Maintenance Funds evidence for Dependants Tier 1 application. The BIA website mentions this:
The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on their own application or that of other dependants.
I need to understand what this means. I have the bank accounts in my name only and I will be submitting the evidence of funds in those accounts for all 3 applications (self + 2 dependants). I called up VFS to check if I can submit the same bank statements as evidence for my application (main applicant) and for my dependants also. They replied positively and said it is fine and acceptable. However reading the above statement on BIA site makes me a bit nervous and jittery.

Please could someone help!!!! This is really urgent as I am planning to make the application in this week.

Thanks!

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Post by Ankur9M » Mon May 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi,

i think this statement "The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on their own application or that of other dependants." means that you can use any account as long as you have sufficient amount in that for you + your dependants.

E.g. if you need to show 1600 pounds and your dependant need to show 1400 pounds (total 3000) and you bank statements have minimum balance greater that £3000, it would work.

However if you bank statement has £2000, you cannot show the same bank statement twice (once for your £1600 and second for your dependant's £1400).

Basically you need to have a more than the total sum required for you + your dependants incase you are showing only your statements.

Can you please send the link from where you pasted this statement?

Regards
Ankur

jcs

Post by jcs » Mon May 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Thanks Ankur9M. Your reply has really helped me a lot! I got this statement from
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/