ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - New Process Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alokpanda123
Newly Registered
India

ILR - New Process Questions

Post by alokpanda123 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am

Hi All,
This forum has been wonderful and I have always appreciated the responses in this forum. I am due to file the ILR application later this month in the new process and have the following questions:
- My employer has addressed the letter to the 'Croydon Premium Processing Center' which is now closed. Who does it needs to be addressed to? With the newest Sopra Steria centers across the country, I will be looking at the closest center with the earliest availability.
- The employer letter has been dates to 18.12.2018. Is there a validity date? I assume it has to be within 30 days of the appointment.
- My entry clearance date was 28.12.2013 and I arrived on 07.01.2014. However, my wife joined me on 08.02.2014 (A month later). Does the 28 day rule apply to the primary applicant (Me) only? Can I apply the ILR for both self and spouse on 04.01.2019?
- My degree was taught in English, and the certificate issued in English (Non UK though). Do I still have to get it Naric attested?

Appreciate all the responses. I will post how my experience was with the new process for everyone's benefit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - New Process Questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 am

1. Address it simply to UK Visa and Immigration and then To Whom It May Concern.

2. Can't be older than 28 days when you apply.

3. If her entry clearance date is same as yours then you can apply together.

4. You need UKVI red route NARIC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alokpanda123
Newly Registered
India

Post by alokpanda123 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Thank you CR001. Is the Naric needed for dependents as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Your dependent is required to meet the English B1 and LIUK tests for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.