ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for wife and son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Applying for Registration as a British Citizen for child under 18

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi everyone,
My son on ILR leave to remain, but one parent on ILR and other on leave to remain, My son has granted ILR one year ago, so now thinking to apply British citizenship for my son, Please can you advice, We can apply citizenship for my son who has ILR but parent do not have British citizenship. Which form we will use to apply for British citizen under 18 year old,
Your advice and guidance will be great,
Best regards
Amjid leeds

secret.simon

Re: Applying for Registration as a British Citizen for child under 18

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:23 am

Your question has been split into its own thread.

How old is your son? Where was he born?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

British Citizenship - child on ILR

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 am

Hi everyone,
I would like to apply for British Citizenship for my son, who born aboard and living in the UK for last 14 years. He is on ILR for last 12month and his age is 17 years and 6 month, So I want to apply ASAP, but for queries I have, which form we will use, one parent is on ILR and other parent is FLR FP,
According to MN1 form one parent must be British citizen if I am right, if child born aboard, so in this case, which form you recommend me to fill,
If I will do late my son need to appear life in UK test and ceremony, So want to apply ASAP, your advice and guidance will be really appreciate, Best regards
Anjum

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

British Citizenship for wife and son

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Everyone

I would like to apply British Citizenship for my wife and Son, My wife on ILR from December 2017 and my son on ILR from October 2017, My son is under 18 and will be 18 in May 2019,
Please can you advice which form I will use, for my son and wife, I cannot apply separately for both as per policy,

Advance thanks for your reply,
Best regards
Amjad from leeds

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for wife and son

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:51 am

Form AN for wife.

Form MN1 for son.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manibala89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship for wife and son

Post by manibala89 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 pm

I also have a doubt in section living address. my daughter is two years old and while filling mn1 form it asked whether you lived in the same address for 5 years when i give no its asking for previous address. so confused what to fill in them..