ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter received.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bed
Turkey

Approval letter received.

Post by Bed » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi guys, the long wait came to an end and have received my approval letter last week. I am still waiting for my invatation letter. HO sent my biometric resident card back to me even thogh i have asked them to keep it. Now i know i have to return it once i become a british citizen which is after the ceremony. I was actually wondering can i use my brp card now to travel and be able to come in to the UK? Because looks like my invatation/ceremony wont be until next year now and i want to go away for the new years.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval letter received.

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 pm

I was actually wondering can i use my brp card now to travel and be able to come in to the UK?
Yes as you are only British once you attend your ceremony. You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Bed wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 pm
Hi guys, the long wait came to an end and have received my approval letter last week. I am still waiting for my invatation letter. HO sent my biometric resident card back to me even thogh i have asked them to keep it. Now i know i have to return it once i become a british citizen which is after the ceremony. I was actually wondering can i use my brp card now to travel and be able to come in to the UK? Because looks like my invatation/ceremony wont be until next year now and i want to go away for the new years.

Thanks
how long u waited ?

Bed
Turkey

Post by Bed » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Only been 9 days

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 pm

i mean how lng ur appliecation took to aproove

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 pm
i mean how lng ur appliecation took to aproove
Useful to look at a users previous posts!!
Bed wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:41 am
Bed wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 pm
Eligibility criteria: 10years res + 2years LLR
Language Criteria: Trinity B1 + Life In THe UK
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 09/10/18
Payment method: card
Date of acknowledgement: 18/10/18
Date of debit of fees: 17/08/18
Date of Biometric letter issued: 17/08/18
Date of biometric letter received: 20/08/18
Date Biometrics enrolled: 20/08/18
Date on Approval letter: ??
Date of receipt of approval: ??
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: ??
Date of Ceremony: ??
Date of Passport Application: didnt apply
Date of debit of fees:
Date Passport to be received:
Date on approval : 3/12:18
Date of receipt of approval 5/12/18
Date of Ceremony: still waiting for the letter.
HO used my pre paid special delivery envelope thats why I received my approval letter 2 days after approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alter29
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Alter29 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Wow!! @bed so lucky 😄😄congrats. So happy for you lol guess it’s just me waiting from the October bunch. Am starting to think my approval isn’t going to happen😔. Anyways good luck and hope you get your invitation soon so the entire wait can be over. Ps yeah I think you can defo travel with your card for New Years. Safe trip!

zid01

Post by zid01 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Alter29 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:24 pm
Wow!! @bed so lucky 😄😄congrats. So happy for you lol guess it’s just me waiting from the October bunch. Am starting to think my approval isn’t going to happen😔. Anyways good luck and hope you get your invitation soon so the entire wait can be over. Ps yeah I think you can defo travel with your card for New Years. Safe trip!
Mate ur not the only 1 even I applied in October and still waiting emailed them Monday but still no reply

Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by avatar16 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 am

Bed wrote:

Thanks
Hi just a question what was the colours of the envelope for the approvel letter? is it white or brown? I moved recently and I want to inform my landlord if he get it to let me know without open it.

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 am
Bed wrote:

Thanks
Hi just a question what was the colours of the envelope for the approvel letter? is it white or brown? I moved recently and I want to inform my landlord if he get it to let me know without open it.

thank you
A brown A5 envelope as I already advised yesterday in your topic.

british-citizenship/how-do-you-know-if- ... l#p1716685
Char (CR001 not Casa)