ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa Issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UnidentifiableK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Possible appeal

Post by UnidentifiableK » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 am

Hi Guys,

I have been visiting this forum over the last week or so on a daily basis for info on spouse visa applications for fiance. A lot of the info I need/needed i have just found from other users posts etc.

My fiance has applied to join me here in the uk from Bangladesh in October, she had her biometrics taken on 11/11/18 and all her documents were forwarded to Sheffield by vfs on the same day.
I had a confirmation email from UKVI Sheffield on Tuesday 20/11/18 stating that they are currently preparing the application for consideration by an ECO.

I am really hoping that we can get her visa quick and possibly before christmas so that I can go and have a quick holiday in Bangladesh and travel back with her.

Now my question is if things were to go down south and she gets refused the visa for any reason (god willing this doesn't happen) how long can the appeal process take?

Reason for me asking is that we would really like to settle down and become a family asap and move on with out personal life and live life as a normal couple.

What would be quicker and easier? Appeal or just re-apply?

Would really appreciate it if someone could give me some info on these things as some things on the gov website are confusing.
I am stressing quite a bit as it's just putting a strain on my life with work commitments etc and would just like to have a normal stress free life.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Possible appeal

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:17 am

Quicker to re-apply, as an appeal can take up to 12 months or even longer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UnidentifiableK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Possible appeal

Post by UnidentifiableK » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:17 am
Quicker to re-apply, as an appeal can take up to 12 months or even longer.
Thanks for your reply. I too was thinking the same. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is in this case.

UnidentifiableK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fiance visa Issue

Post by UnidentifiableK » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:00 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone may be able to help me out here a little....

We applied for my fiances visa in October, she had her biometrics taken in November. We had an email sent is stating that they've received the application and is currently being prepared for an eco.

I got a call from them on 14/12/18 for a quick telephone interview where they asked me some geneeal questions regarding my employment ect..
They did say thay the application is at the final stage now, but was unable to say anything else.

Now my question is does this seem like we'll be getting a visa or something as I'm unsure and really nervous to be honest. I mean if they were to refuse the visa surely they would of just done it rather than waste their time and go through a telephone interview??
If anyone could shed a bit of light on this, it'd be much appreciated and help ease my mind a little.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance visa Issue

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:26 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 am

UnidentifiableK wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:00 am
Now my question is does this seem like we'll be getting a visa or something as I'm unsure and really nervous to be honest. I mean if they were to refuse the visa surely they would of just done it rather than waste their time and go through a telephone interview??
If anyone could shed a bit of light on this, it'd be much appreciated and help ease my mind a little
It is part of the checks they do. It does not mean your will get the visa or that the visa will be refused. Many get refused even after a telephone interview, others get approved. It is ONLY a step in HOs process to establish the facts of the application, nothing more should be read into it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UnidentifiableK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by UnidentifiableK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 am
UnidentifiableK wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:00 am
If anyone could shed a bit of light on this, it'd be much appreciated and help ease my mind a little
It is part of the checks they do. It does not mean your will get the visa or that the visa will be refused. Many get refused even after a telephone interview, others get approved. It is ONLY a step in HOs process to establish the facts of the application, nothing more should be read into it.

Thanks. I know that they have rang my employers hr depatrment and asked them the same questions and stuff.
Today i got a call from an unkown number and then another with a Sheffield area code but unfortunately missed both calls as i didn't hear my phone. No voicemails or anything were left.
Do you think that it may be the HO again?

Got me thinking what if it was but they don't call back and go ahead with whatever they're doing??