ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOUBLE STANDARDS OF IRISH GOVT.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IS IRISH GOVT. HYPOCRITE ?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 pm

YES
83%
NO
17%
MAY BE
No votes

Total votes: 12

asrpb

DOUBLE STANDARDS OF IRISH GOVT.

Post by asrpb » Tue May 27, 2008 5:51 pm

LEGAL, HIGH-QUALIFIED, TAX PAYING IMMIGRANTS are waiting 3 years before getting YES or NO on their CITIZENSHIP applications ..... BUT, Take a look at this article from only yesterday’s news:

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaki ... king80.htm

These Irish aren’t even legal. HOW HYPOCRITE IS THAT? :evil:
Last edited by asrpb on Wed May 28, 2008 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

asrpb

Re: DOUBLE STANDARDS OF IRISH GOVT.

Post by asrpb » Tue May 27, 2008 5:53 pm

:x
Last edited by asrpb on Tue May 27, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:56 pm

I suggest all US citizens who live in Ireland should contact their Senators to inform them of how poorly they are treated in Ireland and that NO special deal should be made for the illegal Irish.

Also, cutting a deal for 50 000 Irish and leaving the 10 million Mexicans to continue sufferring the same plight as all the other illegals would be blatant beloved and I personally dont believe that such a deal could be reached, I doubt anyone would stand for it.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed May 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Staying on the Issue....
As you know there is poll everyday in FREE herald am .... Yesterday's poll was relating to the news I posted earlier :

Question was : Should Irish illegals in the US get more rights ??
AND GUESS WHAT ????
Toady Poll result Shows : over 70 % thinks YES

My question is ..... WHAT MAKES IRISH SO SPECIAL, when everyone knows there's Millions of other illegals in US.

Is it possible to raise this issue to HYPOCRITE Brian Cowen ? who is going around beating Drum of Irish illegals But don't care about Legal Immigrants in His own country.

BTW if someone missed out on this herald am edition..... send me pm .... I've scanned copies of both yesterday's & today's Poll.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:35 pm

asrpb wrote:Staying on the Issue....
As you know there is poll everyday in FREE herald am .... Yesterday's poll was relating to the news I posted earlier :

Question was : Should Irish illegals in the US get more rights ??
AND GUESS WHAT ????
Toady Poll result Shows : over 70 % thinks YES

My question is ..... WHAT MAKES IRISH SO SPECIAL, when everyone knows there's Millions of other illegals in US.

Is it possible to raise this issue to HYPOCRITE Brian Cowen ? who is going around beating Drum of Irish illegals But don't care about Legal Immigrants in His own country.

BTW if someone missed out on this herald am edition..... send me pm .... I've scanned copies of both yesterday's & today's Poll.

most powerful american leaders and business people past and present have irish blood which they like to remind people when votes are out to be gotten - eg the kennedy's, mccain, kerry and bill clinton etc - all the history between the state in places like Boston and New York ---- just a guess

kevo

Post by kevo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm

i think citizenship and rights of residence are very different matters and it is ridiculous for Mr. Cowen to be labelled a hypocrite in this regard.

Hypocrisy may be relevant when discussing the undocumented in Ireland

astartes

Post by astartes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Yes. Hypocrites, incapables and grossly corrupt.
Last edited by astartes on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

astartes

Post by astartes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:38 pm

asrpb wrote:My question is ..... WHAT MAKES IRISH SO SPECIAL, when everyone knows there's Millions of other illegals in US.
There has been a concerted effort by the Irish government for the past decade to whitewash the image of Ireland within the EU and within the US. This has involved and involves all propaganda tactics in the book, as well as lots of money etc.

People need to be made aware of the truth, which is currently known in its fullness only among certain inner EU circles.
Last edited by astartes on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astartes

Post by astartes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 pm

double
Last edited by astartes on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astartes

Post by astartes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:46 pm

double