ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query -Tier 1 Claiming Earning Points ( Help Needed !!!! )

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawpan

Query -Tier 1 Claiming Earning Points ( Help Needed !!!! )

Post by rawpan » Tue May 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi Friends,

I would be applying for a Visa to UK under Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System/PBS. In this regard, I have following query :-

I would like to claim points for my earnings in last 12 months.
As per PBS guidelines, I can claim 12 months earnings in last 15 months period. I would be claiming points for earnings of the period 01 Apr, 2007 - 31 Mar, 2008. I have 2 employments in this period.
Apr, 2007 - Nov, 2007 and Nov, 2007 - Till date.
I am not able to provide all 12 salary slips as I don't have salary slips from previous employer i.e Apr 2007 - Nov 2007.
Can I submit the following combination of documents for claiming the points earnings points ?
1.) Salary deposits by both employers in my bank accounts.
2.) Form 16 for Tax filing issued by both employers for respective periods of employment. Please note that my period of earnings exactly matches the Fiscal period for Tax filing (Form 16) 01 Apr, 2007 - 31 Mar, 2008 & thats what PBS guideline states if you want to use Tax documents for earnings proof.

As per the list of PBS guidelines, the two proof of earnings must be from two separate sources which looks fine with regard to above combination.

Still I would like to clarify. Please let me know if the combination of these two documents can be submitted as proof of earnings. I am specifically asking this as I don't have the salary slips from previous employer.

If anyone knows answer to this situation, please let me know.
Thanks a lot for your kind co-operation.

Cheers,
rawpan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

The tax returns are usually the tricky ones, but as you have yourself stated, that your tax assessment period exactly mirrors the 12 month period that you're using to claim pervious earnings, the bank statements and tax returns (SARAL) will work just fine for you.

The only point to note is that the amount of previous earnings you will be able to claim points for will be the one reflected in the tax returns (if it is anyhow different from your gross salary). Since there's no documentary evidence from employer, you will not be able to claim on basis of gross salary (if gross is higher than the amount shown in Form 16).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed May 28, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Wed May 28, 2008 5:37 am

@rawpan ..

U cant do that , dont take chances.
Previous earning section is very important and u must supply full evidence.U must submit payslips from both employers and also IT returns(not form16).

GOODLUCK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 28, 2008 1:42 pm

gmhsmp,

If you come to the site and want to give advice, please ensure that you give the right one.

Can you explain why submitting payslips is mandatory as you have suggested? Or can you explain what you mean when you say "you can't do that, don't take chances"?? As the OP has mentioned that he doesn't have payslips from the previous employer, do you mean to say he cannot apply for Tier 1 for that reason ??

If you personally think a documentary evidence from the employer is so important, you could have suggested that the OP should instead get a letter from his two employers confirming his previous earnings.

Don't misguide ... and that too so convincingly.

regards
gmhsmp wrote:@rawpan ..
U cant do that , dont take chances.
Previous earning section is very important and u must supply full evidence.U must submit payslips from both employers and also IT returns(not form16).

GOODLUCK

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Thu May 29, 2008 6:22 am

Dear rawpan ..

read this

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... yguide.pdf

regards,
GM

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi,

The documents you mentioned are sufficient but personally I'm bit apprehensive about tax documents. I would suggest that if possible get a letter from your previous and current employer which should mirror all the information .i.e., Calim period, date of payment for each salary, Gross pay and Net pay.

I hope it will be helpful

Imran

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Para 110, point 4 of the Tier 1 Policy Guidance:
------
Official tax document generated by the tax authority or employer, showing earnings upon which tax has been paid/is to be paid in a tax year

For these purposes, official tax documents can be defined as:
• a document generated by a tax authority, which shows details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or is to be paid in a tax year (e.g. tax refund letter or demand);
• a document generated by an employer for the purposes of an official return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year (e.g. P60 in the UK);
• a document generated by an individual/business/company for the purposes of an official return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid /to be paid in a tax year that has been ‘approved/registered/stamped’ by the tax authority (this is particularly relevant to some overseas tax systems e.g. SARAL in India).

Please note that whilst tax documents are included in the list of acceptable documentation, they will rarely be of use. This is because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed. Applicants should therefore be cautious about using such documentation unless they are satisfied that that it details the exact amount of earnings for which they are claiming points.
-----

If the income claim period exactly mirrors the tax assessment period, a tax return (e.g.- SARAL in India) fully satisfies the condition as laid out by BIA to be included as an independent proof of previous earnings. Period !!

regards