ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY WIFE IS FROM EU COUNTRY AND WE LIVING IN DUBLIN NEED HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ihcarak
Newly Registered

MY WIFE IS FROM EU COUNTRY AND WE LIVING IN DUBLIN NEED HELP

Post by ihcarak » Tue May 27, 2008 8:03 pm

HI ALL

My wife is from lithuania and we live in dublin we got married in may 2006
and is that posible if my wife moved in london and i can apply my spouse visa from my home country (i am not from eu country and over stay in ireland) PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 28, 2008 12:33 am

Best to apply for EEA family permit as it costs zero and you do not have to go through all the hoops and checks applied to a spouse visa. This assumes your wife is exercising her EU treaty rights in the UK.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed May 28, 2008 10:39 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Best to apply for EEA family permit as it costs zero and you do not have to go through all the hoops and checks applied to a spouse visa. This assumes your wife is exercising her EU treaty rights in the UK.
He can't apply for a spouse visa anyway because his wife does not have settled status in the UK.

His only option would be the EEA family permit/residence card. Since his wife is from an A8 country, I think she needs to register with WRS once in the UK.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Sakura,
Where did I say apply for a spouse visa!!!!!
I said best to apply for an EEA family permit did I not..... :roll: